ztsscale doesn't calibrate for vertical mode

ztsscale doesn't calibrate for vertical mode

Alfred Morgan-3
Hello,
I'm trying to calibrate the touch screen for vertical use on my Zaurus SL-C3200.
ztsscale gives me machdep.ztsscale=195,3661,280,3807 which works great
for widescreen mode but is way off in vertical screen mode.  Is there
a trick to convert those numbers or get ztsscale to calibrate for
vertical use?
Thanks,
-alfred

Re: ztsscale doesn't calibrate for vertical mode

asmith-4
The screen actually calibrates perfectly, however, when running X in
portrait mode if you rotate the co-ordinates in the pointer driver then the
co-ordinates get translated and the scaling actually throws things out.

Check out this thread. There is a patch that I put together as a proof of
concept that places touch screen rotation into the kernel driver and a
simple utility to manipulate the rotation of the touch screen from userland.

If you try it out then remember to not enable rotation in the mouse driver
since the kernel driver is handling rotation.

Also note that you must run the utility to rotate the screen before starting
X since the /dev/wsmouse0 entry will be held open by ws_drv will be held
open by X for the duration.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-arm&m=113993195221600&w=2

The original posting (right at the bottom of that archived mail) probably
details the problem better than I have here. It is a while since I wrote the
patch but it still applies nicely.

-Andy