ypldap

Gustavo Rios
Hi folks.

I am aware that ypldap serves information about user and group from ldap.
My doubt is: what about other information like netgroup, bootparams,
etc, etc ...  ? Does it grab these data from local file ?

Thanks in advance

--
Pag Bem Fácil Ltda
www.pagbemfacil.com.br

Re: ypldap

Theo de Raadt-2
Gustavo Rios <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am aware that ypldap serves information about user and group from ldap.
> My doubt is: what about other information like netgroup, bootparams,
> etc, etc ...  ? Does it grab these data from local file ?

Only password, group, and netid (a sort of internal group->user mapping)

It was decided years ago that the other stuff makes no sense;  You end
up with libc routines inside daemons that block.  Sun went too far.