xombrero LANG header

Erling Westenvik-2
After signing up for a dynamic dns account over at afraid.org, the
account was supended and I was given the following reason:

        "Just a note to explain, the reason it fell into suspension is
        BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER DID NOT PROVIDE A LANG HEADER - THIS IS
        COMMON CLIENT BEHAVIOR FOR PREVIOUS SCRIPTED ABUSES IN THE PAST,
        though, false positives like this can happen, but once I flag
        the account as safe, it can't happen again from this system. I
        see you are also a mutt user, and bsd user, so it all makes
        sense, and was not intentionally targeted toward you."

Something spesific for OpenBSD or the OpenBSD port of xombrero?

Cheers,
Erling

/\

Re: xombrero LANG header

Gonzalo L. Rodriguez
I think you need to report this upstream.

Thanks.

;
; "Just a note to explain, the reason it fell into suspension is
; BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER DID NOT PROVIDE A LANG HEADER - THIS IS
; COMMON CLIENT BEHAVIOR FOR PREVIOUS SCRIPTED ABUSES IN THE PAST,
; though, false positives like this can happen, but once I flag
; the account as safe, it can't happen again from this system. I
; see you are also a mutt user, and bsd user, so it all makes
; sense, and was not intentionally targeted toward you."
;
; Something spesific for OpenBSD or the OpenBSD port of xombrero?
;
; Cheers,
; Erling
;
; () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
; /\
;

Sending from my VCR...

Re: xombrero LANG header

Chris Bennett-11
On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 02:58:04PM -0300, Gonzalo L. R. wrote:
> I think you need to report this upstream.
>
> Thanks.

I would like to see this fixed myself.
I have written several applications that depend on this header.
I have also added test for ?lang=es etc. anyway.

Just to mention it again, I have select fields that have entries like this:

assembly_parts_assembly_id

These show up with the underscore as an underline of the previous letter.
Not unusable, but ugly.

Chris Bennett

Re: xombrero LANG header

Brett Mahar-2
>After signing up for a dynamic dns account over at afraid.org, the
>account was supended and I was given the following reason:
>
> "Just a note to explain, the reason it fell into suspension is
> BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER DID NOT PROVIDE A LANG HEADER

The newer versions of xombrero (you might need to run -current to get this feature) allow the setting of the http_accept headers in the .conf file. Maybe something like `http_accept = */*, en-us` would keep your account provider happy.

Brett.