xbmc

Stéphane Guedon
Hello

Is there anybody who has successfully set up xbmc on openbsd.
I do not see any official port in the port tree, but is there a non
official ?

Thanks for any answer.

Re: xbmc

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:08:23PM +0200, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there anybody who has successfully set up xbmc on openbsd.
> I do not see any official port in the port tree, but is there a non
> official ?
>
> Thanks for any answer.

xbmc is really hard to integrate in a port.

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info

Re: xbmc

Brad Smith-14
On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:08:23PM +0200, St?phane Guedon wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there anybody who has successfully set up xbmc on openbsd.
> I do not see any official port in the port tree, but is there a non
> official ?

I had started and had something sorta running but without sound.
It required some work on OpenBSD and a sound backend and now
that I have looked at it again it failed to build elsewhere
and not sure why. For some reason the build infrastructure
is confused and thinks my system is Windows and it is
tripping over a header in the DVD code.

believed to be clean.

Re: xbmc

Giancarlo Razzolini-3
Em 20-04-2014 12:55, Brad Smith escreveu:

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:08:23PM +0200, St?phane Guedon wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Is there anybody who has successfully set up xbmc on openbsd.
>> I do not see any official port in the port tree, but is there a non
>> official ?
> I had started and had something sorta running but without sound.
> It required some work on OpenBSD and a sound backend and now
> that I have looked at it again it failed to build elsewhere
> and not sure why. For some reason the build infrastructure
> is confused and thinks my system is Windows and it is
> tripping over a header in the DVD code.

I've took a look at it using the latest version, 13.0 gotham. It won't
even compile. They changed their entire sound subsystem with the launch
of frodo (12.0). I believe sound will most probably not work on OpenBSD,
without changes in the xbmc code. I have one htpc server that runs linux
because I can't run xbmc on OpenBSD. At least not now. Perhaps I'll take
a look at it again in the near future.

Giancarlo Razzolini
GPG: 4096R/77B981BC