wip samba 3.8.18 driving me nuts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

wip samba 3.8.18 driving me nuts

Ian McWilliam-2
Hi all,

If anyone wants to hit me with a clue bat about how to over come the following issue, then sock it to me.

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       16 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so -> libtevent.so.0.0
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       19 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.0 -> libtevent.so.0.9.11
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  bin      54653 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.9.11

This has been driving me nuts trying to work out an easy solution without patching stuff away.

I'm sure there is a one liner I've missed.

attached is the work in progress diff.

thanx

Ian McWilliam





wip-samba-3.6.18.diff (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wip samba 3.8.18 driving me nuts

Brad Smith-14
On 03/09/13 9:18 AM, Ian McWilliam wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If anyone wants to hit me with a clue bat about how to over come the following issue, then sock it to me.
>
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       16 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so -> libtevent.so.0.0
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       19 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.0 -> libtevent.so.0.9.11
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  bin      54653 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.9.11
>
> This has been driving me nuts trying to work out an easy solution without patching stuff away.
>
> I'm sure there is a one liner I've missed.

Well libtevent will be a new port just as libtalloc is. I was already
working on this and have a port and then got sidetracked working with
upstream WAF to fix the shared lib creation for OpenBSD and never went
back to it.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wip samba 3.8.18 driving me nuts

Kirill Bychkov
In reply to this post by Ian McWilliam-2
On Tue, September 3, 2013 17:18, Ian McWilliam wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If anyone wants to hit me with a clue bat about how to over come the following
> issue, then sock it to me.
>
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       16 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so ->
> libtevent.so.0.0
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       19 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.0 ->
> libtevent.so.0.9.11
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  bin      54653 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.9.11
>
> This has been driving me nuts trying to work out an easy solution without
> patching stuff away.
>
> I'm sure there is a one liner I've missed.
>
> attached is the work in progress diff.
>
> thanx
>
> Ian McWilliam
>

Hi. Take a look at openbsd-wip/net/samba4 port by Vadim Zhukov. He have some
progress in struggling WAF. Or contact him directly (zhuk@)


>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wip samba 3.8.18 driving me nuts

Ian McWilliam-2
In reply to this post by Brad Smith-14
On 3/09/2013 11:33 PM, Brad Smith wrote:

> On 03/09/13 9:18 AM, Ian McWilliam wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If anyone wants to hit me with a clue bat about how to over come the
>> following issue, then sock it to me.
>>
>> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       16 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so ->
>> libtevent.so.0.0
>> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       19 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.0 ->
>> libtevent.so.0.9.11
>> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  bin      54653 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.9.11
>>
>> This has been driving me nuts trying to work out an easy solution
>> without patching stuff away.
>>
>> I'm sure there is a one liner I've missed.
>
> Well libtevent will be a new port just as libtalloc is. I was already
> working on this and have a port and then got sidetracked working with
> upstream WAF to fix the shared lib creation for OpenBSD and never went
> back to it.
>
Cool, I'll hold off then till the port is ready.

Might back port the DOS fix to what we have in tree while we're waiting..

Ian McWilliam

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wip samba 3.8.18 driving me nuts

Vadim Zhukov
In reply to this post by Ian McWilliam-2
03.09.2013 17:31 пользователь "Ian McWilliam" <[hidden email]> написал:
>
> Hi all,
>
> If anyone wants to hit me with a clue bat about how to over come the
following issue, then sock it to me.
>
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       16 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so ->
libtevent.so.0.0
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       19 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.0 ->
libtevent.so.0.9.11
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  bin      54653 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.9.11
>
> This has been driving me nuts trying to work out an easy solution without
patching stuff away.
>
> I'm sure there is a one liner I've missed.
>
> attached is the work in progress diff.

It's not a one-liner, unfortunately.

I made net/samba4 port contain quiet a few subpackages, making it supersede
some other ports - like libtevent. I had a success in pushing some patches
from Samba4 port upstream, but most critical ones look like will not end up
there. I do not have enough time as of now to finish Samba4 port now, but
I'll be happy if you take a look there.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wip samba 3.8.18 driving me nuts

Brad Smith-14
In reply to this post by Ian McWilliam-2
On 03/09/13 9:56 AM, Ian McWilliam wrote:

> On 3/09/2013 11:33 PM, Brad Smith wrote:
>> On 03/09/13 9:18 AM, Ian McWilliam wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> If anyone wants to hit me with a clue bat about how to over come the
>>> following issue, then sock it to me.
>>>
>>> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       16 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so ->
>>> libtevent.so.0.0
>>> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       19 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.0 ->
>>> libtevent.so.0.9.11
>>> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  bin      54653 Sep  3 10:38 libtevent.so.0.9.11
>>>
>>> This has been driving me nuts trying to work out an easy solution
>>> without patching stuff away.
>>>
>>> I'm sure there is a one liner I've missed.
>>
>> Well libtevent will be a new port just as libtalloc is. I was already
>> working on this and have a port and then got sidetracked working with
>> upstream WAF to fix the shared lib creation for OpenBSD and never went
>> back to it.
>>
> Cool, I'll hold off then till the port is ready.
>
> Might back port the DOS fix to what we have in tree while we're waiting..

Yes, that's fine. Send it on out if you come up with a diff.


--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.