vmmap replacement -- please test

Re: vmmap replacement -- please test

Ryan Freeman
On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 05:09:02PM +0100, Ariane van der Steldt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to prove my point that vmmap testing is still relevant: today a bug
> got found and fixed, where grepping a 1.7GB file on i386 tripped an
> assertion (I love assertions).
>
> This brings the latest versions to:
> http://www.stack.nl/~ariane/vmmap_sys.diff.65
>   (apply against /usr/src/sys)
> http://www.stack.nl/~ariane/vmmap_userland.diff.30
>   (apply against /usr/src)
>
> Testing is still welcome. :)

applied these to my i386-current checkout of today, system very
responsive.

so far very good!

-ryan

Re: vmmap replacement -- please test

Steffen Daode Nurpmeso-2

David Coppa wrote:
> still rocking hard

My old Athlon 1600+ blow dries something like

  I'm gruvm up the country, where the memory tastes like wine.

Is this a regression, then??

--steffen

Re: vmmap replacement -- please test

vovka-2
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 14:37, Steffen Daode Nurpmeso
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> David Coppa wrote:
> > still rocking hard
>
> My old Athlon 1600+ blow dries something like
>
> B I'm gruvm up the country, where the memory tastes like wine.
>
> Is this a regression, then??
>
> --steffen

System is really responsive, nothing to report here.
In other words, no regression and runs flawlessly on an i7
amd64-current + vmmap_sys.diff.65 + vmmap_userland.diff.30.

Yours,
Vlad

12