vgafb manpage is in wrong place, should I report it?

vgafb manpage is in wrong place, should I report it?

IL Ka
Hello,
I am pretty new to OpenBSD and not sure if I should report minor issue to
bugs@, but I just found that vgafb(4) device is supported only on macppc
and sparc64 (according to src/sys). It has nothing to do with i386 nor with
amd64.

But for some reason it's man page sits directly in /usr/share/man/man4
While other platform-specific mans live in  /usr/share/man/man4/${machine}
(lcd(4) is good example).

Ilya.

Re: vgafb manpage is in wrong place, should I report it?

Theo de Raadt-2

When a manual page applies to more than 1 arch, we place it a level up.

Re: vgafb manpage is in wrong place, should I report it?

IL Ka
 > When a manual page applies to more than 1 arch, we place it a level up.

Thank you, but should not we add comment like the one we have for "man pci"

SYNOPSIS
   # macppc, sparc64
   vgafb* at pci?

Btw, I found some more things to improve in mans like:

options(4) APERTURE section should have "See xf86(4)"
remark (it is done for almost all options except aperture)

Installation process asked me if I want my X11 to be "started by xdm(1)"
and it should be rephrased to "started by display manager xenodm(1) (xdm
clone)"
since there is no xdm(1)

Experienced user will never ever notice these small things, but they could
help newbies like me:)

I can fix it and send diff to tech@ (or where should I send it?) but I am
not sure about quality for my English.

Ilya.

Re: vgafb manpage is in wrong place, should I report it?

Stuart Henderson
On 2018-04-14, IL Ka <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Installation process asked me if I want my X11 to be "started by xdm(1)"
> and it should be rephrased to "started by display manager xenodm(1) (xdm
> clone)"
> since there is no xdm(1)

The installer question already asks about xenodm not xdm.