uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

polken
i have read on archives but too many opinions on this subject since 4 and many
of them are saying to restart server, restart process, wait to be fixed a big
diff but the problem its that the diff its for 4.3 and i have 4.8 and of
course i have the problem any new info about this and i havent found the
solution to this.

P.D.
"Oh lord listen to my prays i hope the folks on openbsd misc can please
enlighten me as i am a dummy and leave me a message at least whatever message
will be well something"

Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

Chris Cappuccio
Carlos,

We are now on OpenBSD 5.3 and going forward. Please try that first.

--
I'm not being defensive. Maybe you're the one
that's being defensive. Maybe you should look
at yourself once in awhile.

Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

polken
ok problem of mine again i run again on a fast solution since i have just seen
that there have been a lot of changes on uvm lets go 4.8 -> 4.9 -> 5.0 -> 5.1
-> 5.2 -> 5.3 ant thanks this is actually an aswer will do that and let folks
know what happen

Just install 5.3. You don't need to upgrade to each version.

Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

polken
it is a server on production m a  little concerned about fail after upgrade
from 4.8 to 5.3 has some services on it

> Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 11:19:18 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries
>
> carlos albino garcia grijalba [[hidden email]] wrote:
> > ok problem of mine again i run again on a fast solution since i have just
seen that there have been a lot of changes on uvm lets go 4.8 -> 4.9 -> 5.0 ->
5.1 -> 5.2 -> 5.3 ant thanks this is actually an aswer will do that and let
folks know what happen

> Just install 5.3. You don't need to upgrade to each version.

Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

Chris Cappuccio
carlos albino garcia grijalba [[hidden email]] wrote:
> it is a server on production m a  little concerned about fail after upgrade from 4.8 to 5.3 has some services on it

Just upgrade to 5.3, pkg_add -r, and fix the fallout from ports changes. Read the faq/current.html too

Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

Ville Valkonen
On 28 May 2013 21:39, Chris Cappuccio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> carlos albino garcia grijalba [[hidden email]] wrote:
>> it is a server on production m a  little concerned about fail after upgrade from 4.8 to 5.3 has some services on it
>
> Just upgrade to 5.3, pkg_add -r, and fix the fallout from ports changes. Read the faq/current.html too

If he is upgrading to 5.3, he should read faq/upgrade53.html instead :)

--
Sincerely,
Ville Valkonen

Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

polken
ok let u know what happen thank u very much actually u are the only folk that
answer all my other mails have been kicked by the way where do i have to send
mail to know why my laptop has to be rebooted so that the fan work on the
first boot i just never work

> Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 11:39:53 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries
>
> carlos albino garcia grijalba [[hidden email]] wrote:
> > it is a server on production m a  little concerned about fail after
upgrade from 4.8 to 5.3 has some services on it

> Just upgrade to 5.3, pkg_add -r, and fix the fallout from ports changes.
Read the faq/current.html too

Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

Chris Cappuccio
carlos albino garcia grijalba [[hidden email]] wrote:
> ok let u know what happen thank u very much actually u are the only folk that answer all my other mails have been kicked by the way where do i have to send mail to know why my laptop has to be rebooted so that the fan work on the first boot i just never work

I don't know about your laptop and its fan, but if you think the problem is specific
to OpenBSD, you may want to try a 5.3-current snapshot on it.

(see ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/ )

ACPI parsing had a significant fix committed last week, one that affects
many different implementations.