uvm_fault while running X and quitting Firefox

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

uvm_fault while running X and quitting Firefox

Matthias Schmidt
Hi,

my system dropped into ddb when running X11 and quitting Firefox (with
the intention to quit X and shutdown).  Suddenly it dropped into the
console and ddb and showed a uvm_fault().  I could not acquire a dump
since the system stuck in "syncing disks".  After half an hour I
resetted the system.

I captured photos from all ddb messages including trace, ps:

        https://kappa.xosc.org/misc/

I run a snapshot from Oct 31:

        OpenBSD tau.xosc.org 6.2 GENERIC.MP#190 amd64

Maybe it's worth mentioning that I run Firefox 57 beta 13 from laundry@

        firefox-57.0beta13

If you need further information please get back to me.  However, I am
not sure if I can reproduce it.

Cheers

        Matthias

OpenBSD 6.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #190: Tue Oct 31 18:49:52 MDT 2017
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 17047859200 (16258MB)
avail mem = 16524353536 (15758MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 3.0 @ 0x7b1d5000 (58 entries)
bios0: vendor Intel Corp. version "SYSKLi35.86A.0062.2017.0831.1905" date 08/31/2017
bios0: Intel corporation NUC6i5SYB
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC FPDT FIDT MCFG HPET LPIT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT DBGP DBG2 SSDT SSDT UEFI SSDT DMAR
acpi0: wakeup devices PEGP(S4) PEG0(S4) PEGP(S4) PEG1(S4) PEGP(S4) PEG2(S4) SIO1(S3) PXSX(S4) RP09(S4) PXSX(S4) RP10(S4) PXSX(S4) RP11(S4) PXSX(S4) RP12(S4) PXSX(S4) [...]
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6260U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1696.56 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SGX,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,MPX,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 24MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.2.4.1.1.1, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6260U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1696.07 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SGX,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,MPX,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6260U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1696.07 MHz
cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SGX,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,MPX,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu2: smt 1, core 0, package 0
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6260U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1696.07 MHz
cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SGX,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,MPX,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu3: smt 1, core 1, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 120 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe0000000, bus 0-255
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 23999999 Hz
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG0)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG1)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG2)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP09)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP10)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP11)
acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP12)
acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP13)
acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP01)
acpiprt10 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP02)
acpiprt11 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP03)
acpiprt12 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP04)
acpiprt13 at acpi0: bus 1 (RP05)
acpiprt14 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP06)
acpiprt15 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP07)
acpiprt16 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP08)
acpiprt17 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP17)
acpiprt18 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP18)
acpiprt19 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP19)
acpiprt20 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP20)
acpiprt21 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP14)
acpiprt22 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP15)
acpiprt23 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP16)
acpiec0 at acpi0: not present
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C2(200@151 mwait.1@0x31), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: C2(200@151 mwait.1@0x31), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0: C2(200@151 mwait.1@0x31), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0: C2(200@151 mwait.1@0x31), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PG00, resource for PEG0
acpipwrres1 at acpi0: PG01, resource for PEG1
acpipwrres2 at acpi0: PG02, resource for PEG2
acpipwrres3 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres4 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres5 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres6 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres7 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres8 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres9 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres10 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres11 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres12 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres13 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres14 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres15 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres16 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres17 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres18 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres19 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres20 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres21 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres22 at acpi0: WRST
acpipwrres23 at acpi0: FN00, resource for FAN0
acpipwrres24 at acpi0: FN01, resource for FAN1
acpipwrres25 at acpi0: FN02, resource for FAN2
acpipwrres26 at acpi0: FN03, resource for FAN3
acpipwrres27 at acpi0: FN04, resource for FAN4
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 105 degC
acpitz1 at acpi0: critical temperature is 105 degC
"ITE8713" at acpi0 not configured
"INT3F0D" at acpi0 not configured
"INT344B" at acpi0 not configured
acpibtn0 at acpi0: SLPB
"INT33A1" at acpi0 not configured
acpibtn1 at acpi0: PWRB
"INT340E" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
acpivideo0 at acpi0: GFX0
acpivout0 at acpivideo0: DD1F
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 1696 MHz: speeds: 1801, 1800, 1700, 1600, 1500, 1400, 1300, 1200, 1100, 1000, 900, 800, 700, 600, 500, 400 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 6G Host" rev 0x09
inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel Iris 540/550" rev 0x0a
drm0 at inteldrm0
inteldrm0: msi
error: [drm:pid0:i915_firmware_load_error_print] *ERROR* failed to load firmware i915/skl_dmc_ver1.bin (-22)
error: [drm:pid0:i915_gem_init_hw] *ERROR* Failed to initialize GuC, error -8 (ignored)
inteldrm0: 1920x1080, 32bpp
wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
xhci0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel 100 Series xHCI" rev 0x21: msi
usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
pchtemp0 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "Intel 100 Series Thermal" rev 0x21
"Intel 100 Series MEI" rev 0x21 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
ahci0 at pci0 dev 23 function 0 "Intel 100 Series AHCI" rev 0x21: msi, AHCI 1.3.1
ahci0: port 0: 6.0Gb/s
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, CT480BX200SSD1, MU02> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.500a0751f019e7a2
sd0: 457862MB, 512 bytes/sector, 937703088 sectors, thin
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 100 Series PCIE" rev 0xf1: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
iwm0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260" rev 0x3a, msi
vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x9d27 (class DASP subclass miscellaneous, rev 0x21) at pci0 dev 30 function 0 not configured
sdhc0 at pci0 dev 30 function 6 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x9d2d rev 0x21: apic 2 int 23
sdhc0: SDHC 3.0, 200 MHz base clock
sdmmc0 at sdhc0: 4-bit, sd high-speed, mmc high-speed, dma
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 100 Series LPC" rev 0x21
"Intel 100 Series PMC" rev 0x21 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 not configured
azalia0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 100 Series HD Audio" rev 0x21: msi
azalia0: codecs: Realtek/0x0283, Intel/0x2809, using Realtek/0x0283
audio0 at azalia0
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 4 "Intel 100 Series SMBus" rev 0x21: apic 2 int 16
iic0 at ichiic0
em0 at pci0 dev 31 function 6 "Intel I219-V" rev 0x21: msi, address f4:4d:30:67:43:8c
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
vmm0 at mainbus0: VMX/EPT
uhub1 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Genesys Logic USB2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/77.60 addr 2
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Microsoft Microsoft 5-Button Mouse with IntelliEye(TM)" rev 1.10/3.00 addr 3
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
uhub2 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Apple Inc. Keyboard Hub" rev 2.00/96.15 addr 4
uhidev1 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Apple Inc. Apple Keyboard" rev 2.00/0.70 addr 5
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev1: 8 variable keys, 5 key codes, country code 13
wskbd0 at ukbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
uhidev2 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "Apple Inc. Apple Keyboard" rev 2.00/0.70 addr 5
uhidev2: iclass 3/0
uhid0 at uhidev2: input=1, output=0, feature=0
ugen0 at uhub0 port 7 "Intel Bluetooth" rev 2.00/0.01 addr 6
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on sd0a (f4a5369166a470a0.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
WARNING: / was not properly unmounted
iwm0: hw rev 0x200, fw ver 16.242414.0, address a0:c5:89:3d:a2:a2

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: uvm_fault while running X and quitting Firefox

Matthias Schmidt
Hi,

* Matthias Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my system dropped into ddb when running X11 and quitting Firefox (with
> the intention to quit X and shutdown).  Suddenly it dropped into the
> console and ddb and showed a uvm_fault().  I could not acquire a dump
> since the system stuck in "syncing disks".  After half an hour I
> resetted the system.
>
> I captured photos from all ddb messages including trace, ps:
>
> https://kappa.xosc.org/misc/
>
> I run a snapshot from Oct 31:
>
> OpenBSD tau.xosc.org 6.2 GENERIC.MP#190 amd64
>
> Maybe it's worth mentioning that I run Firefox 57 beta 13 from laundry@
>
> firefox-57.0beta13
>
> If you need further information please get back to me.  However, I am
> not sure if I can reproduce it.

Interestingly, I could reproduce it by simply quitting Firefox.  The only
thing different from two days ago when I updated to the snapshot is that
I upgraded to Firefox 57 Beta 13 from Beta 12.  Thus, CC landry@.

Cheers

        Matthias

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: uvm_fault while running X and quitting Firefox

Alexander Bluhm
In reply to this post by Matthias Schmidt
On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 07:06:34PM +0100, Matthias Schmidt wrote:
> my system dropped into ddb when running X11 and quitting Firefox (with
> the intention to quit X and shutdown).

pf_test_rule+0xa0b is when pf_send_tcp() calls ip_send().
This was fixed here:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=150951814421443&w=2

> OpenBSD 6.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #190: Tue Oct 31 18:49:52 MDT 2017
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

Try newer snapshot.

bluhm

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: uvm_fault while running X and quitting Firefox

Karel Gardas
In reply to this post by Matthias Schmidt
I've seen very similar issue while running chrome over ssh -X tunnel
from my OpenBSD machine, displaying on my Solaris' X11 display. So
it's not only firefox related...

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Matthias Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> * Matthias Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> my system dropped into ddb when running X11 and quitting Firefox (with
>> the intention to quit X and shutdown).  Suddenly it dropped into the
>> console and ddb and showed a uvm_fault().  I could not acquire a dump
>> since the system stuck in "syncing disks".  After half an hour I
>> resetted the system.
>>
>> I captured photos from all ddb messages including trace, ps:
>>
>>       https://kappa.xosc.org/misc/
>>
>> I run a snapshot from Oct 31:
>>
>>       OpenBSD tau.xosc.org 6.2 GENERIC.MP#190 amd64
>>
>> Maybe it's worth mentioning that I run Firefox 57 beta 13 from laundry@
>>
>>       firefox-57.0beta13
>>
>> If you need further information please get back to me.  However, I am
>> not sure if I can reproduce it.
>
> Interestingly, I could reproduce it by simply quitting Firefox.  The only
> thing different from two days ago when I updated to the snapshot is that
> I upgraded to Firefox 57 Beta 13 from Beta 12.  Thus, CC landry@.
>
> Cheers
>
>         Matthias
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: uvm_fault while running X and quitting Firefox

Karel Gardas
In reply to this post by Alexander Bluhm
I've been running Nov 1 snapshot. The problem is that on EU-based
mirror no new snapshot than Nov 1 exist yet.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Alexander Bluhm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 07:06:34PM +0100, Matthias Schmidt wrote:
>> my system dropped into ddb when running X11 and quitting Firefox (with
>> the intention to quit X and shutdown).
>
> pf_test_rule+0xa0b is when pf_send_tcp() calls ip_send().
> This was fixed here:
>
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=150951814421443&w=2
>
>> OpenBSD 6.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #190: Tue Oct 31 18:49:52 MDT 2017
>>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
>
> Try newer snapshot.
>
> bluhm
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: uvm_fault while running X and quitting Firefox

Matthias Schmidt
In reply to this post by Alexander Bluhm
Hi Alexander,

* Alexander Bluhm wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 07:06:34PM +0100, Matthias Schmidt wrote:
> > my system dropped into ddb when running X11 and quitting Firefox (with
> > the intention to quit X and shutdown).
>
> pf_test_rule+0xa0b is when pf_send_tcp() calls ip_send().
> This was fixed here:

You are right, upgrading to tonight's snapshot fixed the problem.

Thanks and cheers

        Matthias