/usr/share/calendar/calendar.christian - two entries for "First Sunday of Advent (4th Sunday before Christmas)"

/usr/share/calendar/calendar.christian - two entries for "First Sunday of Advent (4th Sunday before Christmas)"

Raf Czlonka-2
Hi all,

I've just noticed something strange in the
/usr/share/calendar/calendar.christian file, namely:

        11/SunLast First Sunday of Advent (4th Sunday before Christmas)
        12/SunFirst First Sunday of Advent (4th Sunday before Christmas)

Obviously, in any given year either is true - not both.

I do understand the intent - the beginning of Advent will either
be on the last Sunday of November or the first Sunday of December
depending which day of the week Christmas Day falls on.

Calculating it isn't difficult - last Thursday of November + 3 days -
but I'm not sure whether adding any additional code to calendar(1)
is desirable.

I don't know what the best solution to the above is as currently,
as it stands, these entries are confusing - at first glance the
above looks like a bug and after figuring out it isn't one, I'm
sill none the wise which one it is without consulting another
calendar.

Adding code, modifying the above entries or an additional entry in
the BUGS section in the manual. What are your thought?

Best regards,

Raf