user/4967: dhcpd

dirk-8
>Number:         4967
>Category:       user
>Synopsis:       dhcpd leases file shows wrong times
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       non-critical
        Since the rewriting of the code for writing to dhcpd.leases
between 3.6 and 3.7, the times shown in dhcpd.leases are off
(but not always).
>How-To-Repeat:
        In 3.7 I had noticed that a first lease was written to dhcpd.leases
correctly, but that renewed leases had incorrect times.  I wanted to
see if this behaviour persisted in 3.8, so I configured the dhcp-server to
assign 4-minute leases for handy testing.  I started the server,
started a client, and now I saw in the leases file that the server had
assigned a lease for 4 minutes that started 4 minutes ago, and was
therefore already expired at the moment it was assigned.  At that moment I
pretty much gave up on it...