update to errata

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

update to errata

Marko Cupać
Is patching source followed by building and installing new binaries
and/or kernel the only way to update to errata version?

Is there something like errata snapshot which can be used to update the
system?

--
Marko Cupać

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update to errata

Josh Grosse
On 2013-11-18 07:53, Marko Cupać wrote:
> Is patching source followed by building and installing new binaries
> and/or kernel the only way to update to errata version?
>
> Is there something like errata snapshot which can be used to update the
> system?

Marko,

OpenBSD is source code maintained.  There is the -stable branch, which
includes errata and any patches against -release that are not published
as errata.  See FAQ 5.1 for a detailed description of this branch.

M:Tier distributes the -stable branch in binary form, as a third party
service.  See http://stable.mtier.org for information.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update to errata

Marko Cupać
On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:00:48 -0500
josh Grosse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OpenBSD is source code maintained.  There is the -stable branch, which
> includes errata and any patches against -release that are not published
> as errata.  See FAQ 5.1 for a detailed description of this branch.

Thank you for the clarification, Josh.

> M:Tier distributes the -stable branch in binary form, as a third party
> service.  See http://stable.mtier.org for information.

I would rather stick to direct contact with OpenBSD and avoid
introducing third parties into the mix. I am not afraid of syncing and
patching sources, and building and installing binaries :)
--
Marko Cupać

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update to errata

Amit Kulkarni-5
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Marko Cupać <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:00:48 -0500
> josh Grosse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > OpenBSD is source code maintained.  There is the -stable branch, which
> > includes errata and any patches against -release that are not published
> > as errata.  See FAQ 5.1 for a detailed description of this branch.
>
> Thank you for the clarification, Josh.
>
> > M:Tier distributes the -stable branch in binary form, as a third party
> > service.  See http://stable.mtier.org for information.
>
> I would rather stick to direct contact with OpenBSD and avoid
> introducing third parties into the mix. I am not afraid of syncing and
> patching sources, and building and installing binaries :)
>


Few of the OpenBSD porters work at M:Tier.

Here is something to help... http://opensource.mtier.org/binpatchng.html