units.lib currency exchange rates

znatgo
I'm wondering why base is now tracking currency exchange rates in
units.lib.  This reminds me of "1984", where keeping a diary is
outlawed because it subverts the Party's monopoly on recorded
history.  Is there anything special going on that motivates these
updates?

Re: units.lib currency exchange rates

STeve Andre'
On 10/22/11 15:32, [hidden email] wrote:
> I'm wondering why base is now tracking currency exchange rates in
> units.lib.  This reminds me of "1984", where keeping a diary is
> outlawed because it subverts the Party's monopoly on recorded
> history.  Is there anything special going on that motivates these
> updates?

Accuracy?

And why are you attempting to hide behind the identity of
someone else?

You are a coward.

--STeve Andre'

Re: units.lib currency exchange rates

Jason McIntyre
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 07:32:27PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> I'm wondering why base is now tracking currency exchange rates in
> units.lib.  This reminds me of "1984", where keeping a diary is
> outlawed because it subverts the Party's monopoly on recorded
> history.  Is there anything special going on that motivates these
> updates?

er, right.

it is tracking them because i am bothering to track them. this will
happen until either i get bored or someone puts a diff together for this
information to be retrieved from the internet. and no, i am not looking
for suggestions about how i could do this (or how orwell would have done
it), or a debate about its merits.

jmc

Re: units.lib currency exchange rates

Neal Hogan
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm wondering why base is now tracking currency exchange rates in
> units.lib.  This reminds me of "1984", where keeping a diary is
> outlawed because it subverts the Party's monopoly on recorded
> history.  Is there anything special going on that motivates these
> updates?

turd