unARJ -Sparc64 Package Missing from feeds

unARJ -Sparc64 Package Missing from feeds

Ferret Simpson
Well, actually that pretty much says it all.

Attempt to install ClamAV on OpenBSD 3.9 on Sun Ultra 1 143
(Non-Eneterprise)

Package "unarj-2.43" is not in the feeds, tried three different servers.
Probably not a big problem for most people, but I have to have an up to date
and functioning AVG package installed on my system to connect up to the
University network when I go on the 23rd, otherwise I am not allowed to use
it.

Sorry about this! If there's any info you can give me on where to get a
source to compile, (Assuming that will allow clamav-0.88 to install. . . )
It would be sorely apreciated. I'll even buy a T-Shirt!

Thanks,
Graham Simpson

www.Ferret-Simpson.co.uk
www.FailingSoftware.co.uk
07843 914 685
AIM: FerretSimpson/phoenixflyinglow
Skype: Ferret_Abydos

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb

Re: unARJ -Sparc64 Package Missing from feeds

Tobias Ulmer
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 06:59:17PM +0000, Ferret Simpson wrote:

> Well, actually that pretty much says it all.
>
> Attempt to install ClamAV on OpenBSD 3.9 on Sun Ultra 1 143
> (Non-Eneterprise)
>
> Package "unarj-2.43" is not in the feeds, tried three different servers.
> Probably not a big problem for most people, but I have to have an up to
> date and functioning AVG package installed on my system to connect up to
> the University network when I go on the 23rd, otherwise I am not allowed to
> use it.

Strange university...

Whatever. Unarj isn't available as package because its license is too
restrictive [1]. You have to install it from the ports tree by yourself.
Then try to install clamav again, until all dependencies are resolved.

Instructions on how to do this can be found in the OpenBSD FAQ [2]

[1] http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/archivers/unarj/Makefile?rev=1.18&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
[2] http://www.openbsd.org/faq/

Tobias

> Sorry about this! If there's any info you can give me on where to get a
> source to compile, (Assuming that will allow clamav-0.88 to install. . . )
> It would be sorely apreciated. I'll even buy a T-Shirt!

Don't forget to buy the shirt! ;)