txpower

Roderick

It seems, it disappeared from ifconfig because only wi supported it.

Can I be sure that my WLAN is not sending stronger than the law allows?

Rodrigo

Re: txpower

Chris Cappuccio
Roderick [[hidden email]] wrote:

> It seems, it disappeared from ifconfig because only wi supported it.

It would be nice if more people were working on the 802.11 stack. The man-
power here is very limited.

> Can I be sure that my WLAN is not sending stronger than the law allows?

Unless you are using external high-gain antennas, this isn't possible.

Also, txpower on most 802.11 chips tends to be out of user control. It
will make automatic changes for various reasons.

Chris