tinyx

Roger Midmore
I was wondering if anyone has gotten tinyX up and running on OpenBSD? I
have a research project that tinyX would be ideal for since I'm only using
X for event handling and only use one window. I tried searching the
archives but I couldn't find anything.

thanks
roger

Re: tinyx

Matthieu Herrb
Roger Midmore wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has gotten tinyX up and running on OpenBSD? I
> have a research project that tinyX would be ideal for since I'm only
> using X for event handling and only use one window. I tried searching
> the archives but I couldn't find anything.

I started adding OpenBSD support to kdrive in the xenocara xserver tree
during c2k7. For now the main target is the wsfb driver. You can see the
code in xserver/hw/kdrive/{openbsd,wscons}.

Unfortunatly it doesn't work yet, because there's one blocking bug in
the framebuffer mapping code that I've not been able to fix. Since then
I've focused on other things and have made no progress.

If you're wanting to help debug that, just build xserver with
KDRIVE=yes. It will build Xwscons instead of Xorg. To run it on i386,
you need a kernel with vesabios support.

But remember, it's not in a working state yet. Once the framebuffer
mapping code is fixed, there are other areas, notably in input drivers
that will need to be finished.
--
Matthieu Herrb