theo

Sophie Laurie
theo,

Coming from Canada, have you ever skated on thin ice? Well, you're doing
it now!

I've seen the emails that you and some of the others have sent my
Mother, Sophia, in her inbox. Remember her, or have you pickled your
brain to such a degree with alcohol that you can't remember?

Since swearing is obviously accepted in these lists and you yourself has
set the precedent, don't mind if I swear myself.

Listen you sycophantic little prick!

She's a wheelchair bound 65 year old woman who only wanted your help and
instead, all she got was verbally assaulted by you and some of the
others. She did nothing wrong and you intentionally misinterpreted what
she
said just so you could take the opportunity to abuse her. You used her
for an opportunity to take out your frustrations. Get a life sicko.

Remember the USB ports on a Toshiba Satellite A60 - All she wanted to
use was an external mouse

What you and some of the others did was disgusting and you should be
ashamed of yourselves you gutless wonders.

I don't give a shit if you volunteer your entire pathetic little life
doing free shit for people - either do it and shut up or don't
do it at all, but don't do it and then act like the martyr, and don't
EVER take it out on my Mother again. Fuck knows why but she likes
(liked) you. i personally
don't give a shit about you. You may think your God in your little
insignificant world, and suck arses may treat you
like that, but to me you're nothing but an ugly, sad single twisted
little individual - a little boy who never got
over throwing temper tantrums, flying off the handle and never grew up
properly, who never grew up properly. You're not a very well adjusted
person and if you're pissed off with your own pathetic little life,
don't take it out on my Mother or I'll take it out on you.

You have no idea how you've upset her. I knew somthing had happened to
her because she was crying several weeks ago and her mood hasn't been
the same since but she wouldn't tell me what was wrong. Apart from me,
her only other contact with the outside world is by email so I checked
her inbox and found yours (and others) cruel emails. I hope you're all
proud of yourselves. She has never used language like that in her entire
life (I'm a bit different to her) like several of you used on her in
both public & private email returns. Neither did she deserve your
attitudes or your foul mouthes or your barage of rude insults. theo,
you're a spoilt, high strung, foul tempered, disgusting little
individual. You have no idea who you're writing to and you should be
more careful in future you bastard. On the other hand, I know all about
you. I've even got a picture of your house.

I got my Mother into computers many years ago because I thought it would
be good for her mind but because of you, i'm sorry i did. Between me and
her,  you're going to miss out on a lot of money in future because of
your childish attitude and disgusting temper (I reiterate, you have no
idea who you're writing to - or who's watching the list).

And I don't give a shit about all you nerds and geeks (nice ones
excepted) and your little rules about what's appropriate to post and
where. I'll post it anywhere I God damn like and I'll say what I God
damn please and you can take it any way you like - so take this email
and stick it... in any list you think it belongs in - so ask me if I
give a shit. Well, I'll tell ya, "I don't give a shit!" You can stick it
up your arse for all I care you sad little boy.

Personally, i'm disgusted that she grovelled to you but i'm even more
disgusded with your crewl and calous response to her you gutless wonder.

Just know this theo. Don't dare upset my mother again.

I visit canada from time to time on business. you ever speak to my
mother like that again and i'll personally come
over to canada and see you personally appologise to her in writing you
ugly, weedy little poor excuse for a man.

You've got a lot of growing up to do boy. It's a pity you're a sad
middle-aged man who's made it this far in life but have failed to mature
mentally past the 12th grade. I don't think there's any hope for you.

Sophia's daughter,
Martha (Muscles) Boyd

(I'm going to delete this email now so she doesn't see it in her inbox)

The only thing that spoils OpenBSD is theo de raadt

Re: theo

Tony Aberenthy
Sophie Laurie wrote:

> theo,
>

> Coming from Canada, have you ever skated on thin ice? Well, you're doing
> it now!
I've lived in Canada. Nine months of winter and three months of bad skating
is just a myth.

> She's a wheelchair bound 65 year old woman who only wanted your help and
Same age, but haven't had to hit the wheelchair yet.

> Remember the USB ports on a Toshiba Satellite A60 - All she wanted to
> use was an external mouse
So would I, but laptops are notoriously strange and expecting strange stuff
to work flawlessly is something I've long since learned to not expect.
Unreasonable expectations are somewhat tolerated in children, not so much
in adults. Considering the goals of OpenBSD, I would not expect USB rodents,
sound cards or even video to be necessarily well supported.
If using the mouse was of prime importance, I'd use Windows and even then
I'd probably have to download drivers because Windows doesn't support it
either.

The problems are most likely due to bad hardware from Toshiba.
Toshiba has workarounds that work in (some versions of) Windows.
Very unlikely that Toshiba has workarounds that work in OpenBSD.
I don't think OpenBSD does hardware support for Toshiba.

> Sophia's daughter,
> Martha (Muscles) Boyd
>
> (I'm going to delete this email now so she doesn't see it in her inbox)

... and any replies?

Re: theo

Billy B. Bilano
LLSLSOLS!!!!

Okay guys, this is nuts! Who is this person thinks they are? Wow! They
are really reaching around for one! I know a thing or twelve about how
to play "tha system", and this duder is doing it to it!!! Holy moles!

So I saw this email and I just fell on my big butt tonight! It knocked
me off my chair because, really, how could The O. (Theo) be such a jerk
and heartless coward to make fun of a lady in a wheel chair woman
because she is so old her shoes hurt when she walks? That's just not
right and I was seriously starting to reconsider my use of OpenBSD in my
Solaris server over this.

So I cranked up the mouse and pointed my browsler prowsler over to the
Googler to do a quick job on this "SOPHIE" person to find out what
started this whole bucket of clams!

So here's the money shot: Sophie USED TO BE named STEVE! That is right!
This whole hot mama Sophie is a scams! Probably from NIGERIA! Yeah,
that's right you read me right!!! What the heller has happened on this
forum?!?! People getting in gender benders around here or something!?
Gawd! So look here and you will see that THEO IS NOT TO BLAME FOR
ANYTHING! He has been the innocent victim of a BROWSE-BY FLAMER (and not
one of the QUEEN VARIETY!!! ROFLFLS!!).

At first I was thinky that maybe STEVE must have lost his wifer in some
tragic accident or something similar, as in the first post I liked to
above he claims to have a wife! But it seems that maybe he is talking
about himself!?? Maybe he wants to come to Canada for a whack-job or
something and wants Theo's moral support or something? I mean, if
"Steve" wants to become a woman named "Sophie", I have to ask: what
business is it of Grandmaster Theo, anyway?

So come on Steve! Shed your pair like a man and join your friends! We
support you in your choice!

So clickers the link here so you can see what you've been painfully
missing in this saga of lies:

http://groups.google.com/group/lucky.openbsd.misc/browse_thread/thread/65e69cf1758aad40/a350303a977807d0?lnk=st&q=USB+ports+not+working+on+Toshiba+Satellite&rnum=1#a350303a977807d0
<http://groups.google.com/group/lucky.openbsd.misc/browse_thread/thread/65e69cf1758aad40/a350303a977807d0?lnk=st&q=USB+ports+not+working+on+Toshiba+Satellite&rnum=1#a350303a977807d0>

P.S. If you are not a scoundrel, you need to read my bloglog and learn
some things about being a real man as well as how to work with difficult
people... <http://www.bilano.biz/>

--
Mr. Billy B. Bilano, MSCE, CCNA
<http://www.bilano.biz/>
'C:\WINDOWS, C:\WINDOWS\GO, C:\PC\CRAWL' -- RMS

Re: theo

Eric Pancer
On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 13:18:02 +1100, Sophie Laurie proclaimed...

> I've seen the emails that you and some of the others have sent my
> Mother, Sophia, in her inbox. Remember her, or have you pickled your
> brain to such a degree with alcohol that you can't remember?

Did you know your mother married her brother and you're the bastard spawn of
that relationship?

Just curious.

p.s. Hi Mom!

Re: theo

Janne Johansson-2
Sophie Laurie wrote:
> The only thing that spoils OpenBSD is theo de raadt

But it caters so well the needs for all the worst nastiest
anal-carotid-constriction-software-patent-loving-spam-your-grandma-
for-a-dollar-bottom-feeding-killing-babies-in-palestine-and-iraq
type organizations to be able to use the OpenBSD codebase in whatever
way they like.

For which at least Diana Eichert is ever so thankful. ;)

Re: theo

badmagic
Steve is my brother you moron and he fixes my Mother's computer
sometimes Sherlock

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 00:10 -0600, Billy B. Bilano wrote:

> LLSLSOLS!!!!
>
> Okay guys, this is nuts! Who is this person thinks they are? Wow! They
> are really reaching around for one! I know a thing or twelve about how
> to play "tha system", and this duder is doing it to it!!! Holy moles!
>
> So I saw this email and I just fell on my big butt tonight! It knocked
> me off my chair because, really, how could The O. (Theo) be such a jerk
> and heartless coward to make fun of a lady in a wheel chair woman
> because she is so old her shoes hurt when she walks? That's just not
> right and I was seriously starting to reconsider my use of OpenBSD in my
> Solaris server over this.
>
> So I cranked up the mouse and pointed my browsler prowsler over to the
> Googler to do a quick job on this "SOPHIE" person to find out what
> started this whole bucket of clams!
>
> So here's the money shot: Sophie USED TO BE named STEVE! That is right!
> This whole hot mama Sophie is a scams! Probably from NIGERIA! Yeah,
> that's right you read me right!!! What the heller has happened on this
> forum?!?! People getting in gender benders around here or something!?
> Gawd! So look here and you will see that THEO IS NOT TO BLAME FOR
> ANYTHING! He has been the innocent victim of a BROWSE-BY FLAMER (and not
> one of the QUEEN VARIETY!!! ROFLFLS!!).
>
> At first I was thinky that maybe STEVE must have lost his wifer in some
> tragic accident or something similar, as in the first post I liked to
> above he claims to have a wife! But it seems that maybe he is talking
> about himself!?? Maybe he wants to come to Canada for a whack-job or
> something and wants Theo's moral support or something? I mean, if
> "Steve" wants to become a woman named "Sophie", I have to ask: what
> business is it of Grandmaster Theo, anyway?
>
> So come on Steve! Shed your pair like a man and join your friends! We
> support you in your choice!
>
> So clickers the link here so you can see what you've been painfully
> missing in this saga of lies:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/lucky.openbsd.misc/browse_thread/thread/65e69cf1758aad40/a350303a977807d0?lnk=st&q=USB+ports+not+working+on+Toshiba+Satellite&rnum=1#a350303a977807d0
> <http://groups.google.com/group/lucky.openbsd.misc/browse_thread/thread/65e69cf1758aad40/a350303a977807d0?lnk=st&q=USB+ports+not+working+on+Toshiba+Satellite&rnum=1#a350303a977807d0>
>
> P.S. If you are not a scoundrel, you need to read my bloglog and learn
> some things about being a real man as well as how to work with difficult
> people... <http://www.bilano.biz/>

USB stuff (was Re: theo)

Shawn K. Quinn
On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:51 -0600, [hidden email] wrote:
> Considering the goals of OpenBSD, I would not expect USB rodents,
> sound cards or even video to be necessarily well supported.

The reality is that USB gear is becoming much, much more common. USB
HIDs (human interface devices) should be well supported, as in many
cases that's all that is available (given that the USB-PS/2 adapters
often get lost and are manufacturer-specific).

> If using the mouse was of prime importance, I'd use Windows

Not a choice when freedom is *anywhere* on the list of concerns. I,
personally, am actively boycotting Microsoft at the current time
(including hardware and the Xb*x gaming consoles).

Don't get me wrong, I don't use OpenBSD for everything either (I am
writing this from a Debian GNU/Linux system). But asserting that USB
device support in OpenBSD is unrealistic, is questionable at best and
downright ludicrous at worst. We already have some USB-only KVM
switches.

Shawn K. Quinn <[hidden email]>

Re: USB stuff (was Re: theo)

Otto Moerbeek
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:51 -0600, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Considering the goals of OpenBSD, I would not expect USB rodents,
> > sound cards or even video to be necessarily well supported.
>
> The reality is that USB gear is becoming much, much more common. USB
> HIDs (human interface devices) should be well supported, as in many
> cases that's all that is available (given that the USB-PS/2 adapters
> often get lost and are manufacturer-specific).
>
> > If using the mouse was of prime importance, I'd use Windows
>
> Not a choice when freedom is *anywhere* on the list of concerns. I,
> personally, am actively boycotting Microsoft at the current time
> (including hardware and the Xb*x gaming consoles).
>
> Don't get me wrong, I don't use OpenBSD for everything either (I am
> writing this from a Debian GNU/Linux system). But asserting that USB
> device support in OpenBSD is unrealistic, is questionable at best and
> downright ludicrous at worst. We already have some USB-only KVM
> switches.
>
> --
> Shawn K. Quinn <[hidden email]>

What are you trying to say?

USB support in OpenBSD is very decent. Of course there wil always be
machine/device combinations that have problems, but in general things
are fine.

        -Otto

Re: USB stuff (was Re: theo)

gklok
Could this thread just die please,
The problem did not lie with the mouse the laptop in question had screwy
pci interrupt routing and consequently configuration of the usb controller
failed.

GWK

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 02:40:09AM -0600, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:51 -0600, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Considering the goals of OpenBSD, I would not expect USB rodents,
> > sound cards or even video to be necessarily well supported.
>
> The reality is that USB gear is becoming much, much more common. USB
> HIDs (human interface devices) should be well supported, as in many
> cases that's all that is available (given that the USB-PS/2 adapters
> often get lost and are manufacturer-specific).
>
> > If using the mouse was of prime importance, I'd use Windows
>
> Not a choice when freedom is *anywhere* on the list of concerns. I,
> personally, am actively boycotting Microsoft at the current time
> (including hardware and the Xb*x gaming consoles).
>
> Don't get me wrong, I don't use OpenBSD for everything either (I am
> writing this from a Debian GNU/Linux system). But asserting that USB
> device support in OpenBSD is unrealistic, is questionable at best and
> downright ludicrous at worst. We already have some USB-only KVM
> switches.

> Shawn K. Quinn <[hidden email]>

Re: USB stuff (was Re: theo)

Tony Aberenthy
Otto Moerbeek wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:51 -0600, [hidden email] wrote:
> > > Considering the goals of OpenBSD, I would not expect USB rodents,
> > > sound cards or even video to be necessarily well supported.
> >
> > The reality is that USB gear is becoming much, much more common. USB
> > HIDs (human interface devices) should be well supported, as in many
> > cases that's all that is available (given that the USB-PS/2 adapters
> > often get lost and are manufacturer-specific).
> >
> > > If using the mouse was of prime importance, I'd use Windows
> >
> > Not a choice when freedom is *anywhere* on the list of concerns. I,
> > personally, am actively boycotting Microsoft at the current time
> > (including hardware and the Xb*x gaming consoles).
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, I don't use OpenBSD for everything either (I am
> > writing this from a Debian GNU/Linux system). But asserting that USB
> > device support in OpenBSD is unrealistic, is questionable at best and
> > downright ludicrous at worst. We already have some USB-only KVM
> > switches.
> >
> > --
> > Shawn K. Quinn <[hidden email]>
>
> What are you trying to say?
>
> USB support in OpenBSD is very decent. Of course there wil always be
> machine/device combinations that have problems, but in general things
> are fine.
>
> -Otto

Completely agree.
The source of this mess was some strange combination of laptop USB mouse,
which is exactly the sort of place that tends to have "problems".
USB-only KVM switches most likely attached to well designed servers
as opposed to assorted screwey laptops.
However, I suspect that headless still takes precedence over GUI.

(Slow night/day/whatever when this thread dominates)

Re: theo

Linaria vulgaris
This is perhaps the *worst* attempt at social engineering I've ever seen.
Really.

Sophie/Sophia/Martha, or whoever the fuck you are - I don't know why you
want to attempt to damage the OpenBSD project. Did someone say something bad
to you on the list? Did someone insult you?

Awww.

Well, whatever media attention or hype you were hoping to generate simply
hasn't happened. So I guess nobody fell for it.

Go away, you sad little fuck.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

:0)

On 02/12/05, Sophie Laurie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> theo,
>
> Coming from Canada, have you ever skated on thin ice? Well, you're doing
> it now!

[original deleted]