theo (fwd)

ober-4
Maybe you should get your mom off of OpenBSD and onto
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/story?id=235788&page=1

.2cents

-Ober

Re: theo (fwd)

Ioan Nemes
She went her anger, just leave it!
Theo doesn't need advocates to reply - if he wants too!
Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum!

Ioan

--

The only thing that spoils OpenBSD is theo de raadt
http://www.netcleanse.com

Re: theo (fwd)

Kevin R
[snip]
> The only thing that spoils OpenBSD is ...

This is a good example of a thread unnecessarily getting out of control.
How about everyone following a few simple guidelines:

1. Read the entire FAQ before posting

2. If a message is poorly posted for reasons like:
 - you should have read the FAQ before posting
 - no, we don't and probably never will support your old hardware
 - you forgot to include a dmesg and proper diagnostics, etc...
Then a simple one line reply indicating this would suffice.

3. Respect each other's knowledge or lack thereof
Google can't help you if you don't know what you're looking for and end up
with 1000's of sites that don't match your problem.

It takes far more effort to whine and complain about a post than to provide
simple feedback on what they could/should have done.  At the very least,
remind them to re-read http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html

A newbie to the list won't understand the nuances of a poorly written post -
but if he's treated with respect he may buy CD's and tell all his friends.

If you can't say anything nice... don't say anything at all.

Re: theo (fwd)

Joakim Aronius
Second that.

Just ignore personal mails sent to misc@, theo is perfectly capable of answering mails, if he wish to.

Lets try to keep the signal to noise ration on a decent level, keep OT mails off-list.

Cheers,
/jkm

* Kevin R ([hidden email]) wrote:

> [snip]
> > The only thing that spoils OpenBSD is ...
>
> This is a good example of a thread unnecessarily getting out of control.
> How about everyone following a few simple guidelines:
>
> 1. Read the entire FAQ before posting
>
> 2. If a message is poorly posted for reasons like:
>  - you should have read the FAQ before posting
>  - no, we don't and probably never will support your old hardware
>  - you forgot to include a dmesg and proper diagnostics, etc...
> Then a simple one line reply indicating this would suffice.
>
> 3. Respect each other's knowledge or lack thereof
> Google can't help you if you don't know what you're looking for and end up
> with 1000's of sites that don't match your problem.
>
> It takes far more effort to whine and complain about a post than to provide
> simple feedback on what they could/should have done.  At the very least,
> remind them to re-read http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html
>
> A newbie to the list won't understand the nuances of a poorly written post -
> but if he's treated with respect he may buy CD's and tell all his friends.
>
> If you can't say anything nice... don't say anything at all.

Re: theo (fwd)

Benjamin Collins
On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 04:21:05PM +1100, Ioan Nemes wrote:
> She went her anger, just leave it!
> Theo doesn't need advocates to reply - if he wants too!
> Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum!
>
> Ioan

Stilus email est humanus , tamen caput capitis - stipes est diabolical.

and

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

bc

--
Benjamin Collins <[hidden email]>
'Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old
 words best of all.'  --- Sir Winston Churchill

Re: latin pedants (was theo fwd)

scorch-2
>> Theo doesn't need advocates to reply - if he wants too!
>> Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum!
>>
>> Ioan
>
> Stilus email est humanus , tamen caput capitis - stipes est diabolical.
>
> and
>
> Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

usque ad mortem bibendum :-)

cheers, scorch
out of the frying pan and into the fire

Re: latin pedants (was theo fwd)

Chris Zakelj
scorch wrote:

>>>Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum!
>>>

>>Stilus email est humanus , tamen caput capitis - stipes est diabolical.
>>
>>and
>>
>>Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
>>

>usque ad mortem bibendum :-)

Any hope of getting a translation?  Having gone to a public school, I
was never indoctrinated with latin.

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 06:47:11PM -0500, Chris Zakelj wrote:

> >>Stilus email est humanus , tamen caput capitis - stipes est diabolical.

To err is human, but to top-post is diabolical.

> >>and
> >>
> >>Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

> >usque ad mortem bibendum :-)

Drink until you die.

> Any hope of getting a translation?  Having gone to a public school, I
> was never indoctrinated with latin.

Me neither :-)

bc