thank you for 6.3

quisquous
Under 6.2 my laptop would hang a few hours after waking from sleep, and
it was my own damn fault for running an unsupported config (Lenovo x200
+ coreboot + SeaBIOS). But after upgrading to 6.3 I haven't been able to
get it to hang and I find myself back in 'it just works' land which is
so, so nice. So nice.

I don't know who to thank, and maybe the dev that fixed my issue
wouldn't know *they* fixed it, but...thank you.

Re: thank you for 6.3

Alfredo Vogel
Hi, I am running 6.3 on my diy PC as a desktop and it just works! Thanks
from me to all openBSD developers...

On 18 April 2018 19:15:02 Scott Bonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Under 6.2 my laptop would hang a few hours after waking from sleep, and
> it was my own damn fault for running an unsupported config (Lenovo x200
> + coreboot + SeaBIOS). But after upgrading to 6.3 I haven't been able to
> get it to hang and I find myself back in 'it just works' land which is
> so, so nice. So nice.
>
> I don't know who to thank, and maybe the dev that fixed my issue
> wouldn't know *they* fixed it, but...thank you.

Re: thank you for 6.3

Flipchan
Running 6.3 on x200 here aswell but with libreboot, except for libreboot not allowing me to have full disk encryption  it works like a charm

Take Care Sincerely flipchan layerprox dev

Re: thank you for 6.3

Bogdan Kulbida
I use block storage device with encryption just to keep my /home encrypted
and mount it manually everytime I boot...

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 04:50 flipchan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Running 6.3 on x200 here aswell but with libreboot, except for libreboot
> not allowing me to have full disk encryption  it works like a charm
>
> On April 18, 2018 5:10:26 PM UTC, Scott Bonds <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >Under 6.2 my laptop would hang a few hours after waking from sleep, and
> >
> >it was my own damn fault for running an unsupported config (Lenovo x200
> >
> >+ coreboot + SeaBIOS). But after upgrading to 6.3 I haven't been able
> >get it to hang and I find myself back in 'it just works' land which is
> >so, so nice. So nice.
> >
> >I don't know who to thank, and maybe the dev that fixed my issue
> >wouldn't know *they* fixed it, but...thank you.
>
> --
> Take Care Sincerely flipchan layerprox dev

--

---
Best regards,
CEO/CTO, Konstankino LLC <http://konstankino.com>
+1.802.793.8295

Re: thank you for 6.3

Alfred Morgan
Yes, thank you. Let's each of us give a pizza to show our appreciation.
http://www.openbsd.org/donations.html

-alfred

Re: thank you for 6.3

Jeffrey Joshua Rollin
Yes, I'd like to add to the general chorus of thanks. As I've mentioned
several times already, I'm a chronic distro hopper, yet have upgraded all
the way from OpenBSD 6.1 to 6.3 on the X230i and have experienced no
problems (running -release or whatever the official name is; occasional
problems with -snapshot or -current are of course to be expected), and am
seriously tempted to replace Fedora on the E550. OpenBSD is definitely the
cream of the BSD crop.

Jeff.