syweb man needed

Thuban
Hello,

while installing symon & syweb, I used the rrdtool-chroot tool. I
finally discovered syweb wasn't working correctly because the
rddtoo_path in /var/www/htdocs/syweb/setup.inc wasn't pointing to
/usr/local/bin

A line in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes might be interesting.

/Thuban/

Re: syweb man needed

David Coppa
On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Thuban <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> while installing symon & syweb, I used the rrdtool-chroot tool. I
> finally discovered syweb wasn't working correctly because the
> rddtoo_path in /var/www/htdocs/syweb/setup.inc wasn't pointing to
> /usr/local/bin
>
> A line in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes might be interesting.
>
> Regards,
> --
> /Thuban/

A strange disease you have there: being able to write a mail, but not
a simple diff...

Re: syweb man needed

Ralf Horstmann-2
* David Coppa <[hidden email]> [2016-09-05 11:06]:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Thuban <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > while installing symon & syweb, I used the rrdtool-chroot tool. I
> > finally discovered syweb wasn't working correctly because the
> > rddtoo_path in /var/www/htdocs/syweb/setup.inc wasn't pointing to
> > /usr/local/bin
> >
> > A line in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes might be interesting.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > /Thuban/
>
> A strange disease you have there: being able to write a mail, but not
> a simple diff...

I sent a diff to change the rrdtool path some time ago:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=144165118503201&w=2

This also documents that /bin/sh needs to be copied into the chroot, as PHP's
exec runs the rrdtool command with "/bin/sh -c".

Regards,
Ralf

Re: syweb man needed

Thuban
* David Coppa <[hidden email]> le [05-09-2016 11:06:51 +0200]:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Thuban <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > while installing symon & syweb, I used the rrdtool-chroot tool. I
> > finally discovered syweb wasn't working correctly because the
> > rddtoo_path in /var/www/htdocs/syweb/setup.inc wasn't pointing to
> > /usr/local/bin
> >
> > A line in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes might be interesting.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> A strange disease you have there: being able to write a mail, but not
> a simple diff...

you're right. My apologies. I didn't dare with my poor english and I'm
not used to OpenBSD's habits yet.

Thanks Ralf for the diff.

Regards

--