system/4926: PID files of some daemons remain in /var/run/

system/4926: PID files of some daemons remain in /var/run/

guebbbi
>Number:         4926
>Category:       system
>Synopsis:       PID files of some daemons remain in /var/run/ after beeing terminated
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       non-critical
        Most of the daemons I run on my machine kill their pid files, when they
        terminate. I think this is the right behaviour.
        But syslog, xdm, amd and perhaps others do not delete their pid files.
        I would suggest a consistent behaviour.
>How-To-Repeat:
        kill -s TERM pidofbar
        or