syspatch(8) exit code

Zbyszek Żółkiewski
Hi!

It looks like in OpenBSD 6.3-release, syspatch(8) changed exit code and now when running alone or with -c flag, it exit with status code 1.

On 6.2 exit code was 0

63# syspatch;echo $?
1

Is it correct ?

_
Zbyszek Żółkiewski

Re: syspatch(8) exit code

Theo de Raadt-2
No.  There are no patches yet, and it can't handle an empty directory.

I am waiting for aja and robert to decide what to do about it.  Otherwise
we'll have thus fuss at the start of every new release.

Come on guys, make a decision!

>It looks like in OpenBSD 6.3-release, syspatch(8) changed exit code and now when running alone or with -c flag, it exit with status code 1.
>
>On 6.2 exit code was 0
>
>63# syspatch;echo $?
>1
>
>Is it correct ?
>
>_
>Zbyszek Żółkiewski

Re: syspatch(8) exit code

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 07:37:24AM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> No.  There are no patches yet, and it can't handle an empty directory.
>
> I am waiting for aja and robert to decide what to do about it.  Otherwise
> we'll have thus fuss at the start of every new release.
>
> Come on guys, make a decision!

For 6.3 it will be "fixed" once there's a syspatch.
For 6.4 I will fix it at p2k18.

--
Antoine