syscon runs after dwxe

Stephen Graf
I am trying to get dwxe to run on an H3 device.  I have run into a problem
where dwxe cannot load the syscon register map.  Could this be because dwxe
runs before syscon in the boot process and syscon has not yet registered the
map?

From the boot log

dwxe0 at simplebus0

if_dwxe  phy-handle node: 0x5c8.

if_dwxe sc_phyloc: 0x1.

if_dwxe sc_clk: 200000000

: address 02:81:b1:07:76:5e

if_dwxe syscon phandle: 0x6

regmap_byphandle before LIST rm_phandle: 0x3000000, phandle: 0x6

if_dwxe syscon is null. sc_node: 984

ukphy0 at dwxe0 phy 1: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface, rev. 4: OUI
0x1e7a40, model 0x0004

ifmedia_set: no match for 0x100/0xffffffffffffffff

syscon0 at simplebus0

regmap_register node: 0x640, phandle: 0x6

sximmc0 at simplebus0

Re: syscon runs after dwxe

Mark Kettenis
> From: "Stephen Graf" <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:44:51 -0700
>
> I am trying to get dwxe to run on an H3 device.  I have run into a problem
> where dwxe cannot load the syscon register map.  Could this be because dwxe
> runs before syscon in the boot process and syscon has not yet registered the
> map?

Yes that is a problem.  But the real issue here is that dwxe(4)
currently needs device tree tweaks.  The Linux folks can't make up
their minds about the device tree bindings, and the current state is
that neither the U-Boot device tree nor the Linux device tree is
sufficient to make things work.

You'll need to have some patience.

Re: syscon runs after dwxe

Stephen Graf
I am using a hacked up dtb from the armbian distribution that runs the
Ethernet on my device. How can I fix the syscon schedule problem?