store

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

store

Ken Withee
Does anyone know if there is an OpenBSD merchandise store that is active? The link on the main openbsd.org website goes to a store that seems to be out of date and I am not getting any response from their contact form.

Ken

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: store

Peter N. M. Hansteen-3
On 10/08/17 21:05, Ken Withee wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an OpenBSD merchandise store that is active? The link on the main openbsd.org website goes to a store that seems to be out of date and I am not getting any response from their contact form.

I think they are still active.

The 6.0 release was the last one with physical CD sets made, but there
*is* a 6.1-themed t-shirt available from the store. I last bought a
couple of t-shirts from them in late August.

Their business hours seem to be Monday to Friday 10am-2:30pm, UK time.
I'd give it until some time Monday UK time until declaring them
non-responsive.

- Peter
--
Peter N. M. Hansteen, member of the first RFC 1149 implementation team
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/
"Remember to set the evil bit on all malicious network traffic"
delilah spamd[29949]: 85.152.224.147: disconnected after 42673 seconds.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: store

Austin Hook-2
In reply to this post by Ken Withee
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017, Ken Withee wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an OpenBSD merchandise store that is
> active? The link on the main openbsd.org website goes to a store that
> seems to be out of date and I am not getting any response from their
> contact form.
>
> Ken

openbsdstore.com still connects for me.  And it seems I can take it as far
as the PayPal checkout.  What kind of problem did you have with it?  Do
you mean when registering as a new customer?  or when emailing to
[hidden email]?

We, at computershop.ca are still linking to OpenBSD Europe from the old
store, and that connects.  I see the link directly from www.openbsd.org
goes to the same place.

Of course we still have older excess stock at the old store, but to be
honest, that only funds my retirement, and doesn't benefit the OpenBSD
project directly anymore.  However, I promise to spend any proceeds at the
new store if you ask me to, so it could help indirectly.

I agree, it's slow to get any personal response from the new store, but
looks to me the basic purchasing mechanism still works.  Would be
interested to know if there is a real problem.

Austin






Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: store

Ken Withee
I think the mechanism is fine. Maybe just a lack of items. Since there isn't a new poster or CD's that really takes away from the inventory. I don't think there is a problem with buying what is listed though. I sent an email to the store last week but didn't hear back. I just followed up again.

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: store
> Local Time: October 8, 2017 1:47 PM
> UTC Time: October 8, 2017 8:47 PM
> From: [hidden email]
> To: Ken Withee <[hidden email]>
> [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
>
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2017, Ken Withee wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there is an OpenBSD merchandise store that is
>> active? The link on the main openbsd.org website goes to a store that
>> seems to be out of date and I am not getting any response from their
>> contact form.
>>
>> Ken
>
> openbsdstore.com still connects for me. And it seems I can take it as far
> as the PayPal checkout. What kind of problem did you have with it? Do
> you mean when registering as a new customer? or when emailing to
> [hidden email]?
>
> We, at computershop.ca are still linking to OpenBSD Europe from the old
> store, and that connects. I see the link directly from www.openbsd.org
> goes to the same place.
>
> Of course we still have older excess stock at the old store, but to be
> honest, that only funds my retirement, and doesn"t benefit the OpenBSD
> project directly anymore. However, I promise to spend any proceeds at the
> new store if you ask me to, so it could help indirectly.
>
> I agree, it"s slow to get any personal response from the new store, but
> looks to me the basic purchasing mechanism still works. Would be
> interested to know if there is a real problem.
>
> Austin