status of threads for libresolv

Jakob Schlyter-2
hi,

while writing a port of libspf2 to OpenBSD, I realized I'm not sure
how well our libresolv works with threads. could someone please
enlighten me?

        jakob

Re: status of threads for libresolv

Antoine Jacoutot
On Wednesday 13 June 2007 17:37:09 Jakob Schlyter wrote:
> while writing a port of libspf2 to OpenBSD, I realized I'm not sure
> how well our libresolv works with threads. could someone please
> enlighten me?

IIRC libresolv was removed after 3.8...

Antoine

Re: status of threads for libresolv

Brad Smith-14
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:43:32 +0200
Antoine Jacoutot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 17:37:09 Jakob Schlyter wrote:
> > while writing a port of libspf2 to OpenBSD, I realized I'm not sure
> > how well our libresolv works with threads. could someone please
> > enlighten me?
>
> IIRC libresolv was removed after 3.8...

The libresolv which was removed was a stub library used to
appease broken autoconf scripts and served no real purpose.
The resolver has been a part of libc since the very start.

On 13 jun 2007, at 17.43, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 17:37:09 Jakob Schlyter wrote:
>> while writing a port of libspf2 to OpenBSD, I realized I'm not sure
>> how well our libresolv works with threads. could someone please
>> enlighten me?
>
> IIRC libresolv was removed after 3.8...

sure, but res_* in libc.

        jakob