state of Netdata on OpenBSD

Alceu R. de Freitas Jr.
Hello folks,
I'm considering installing Netdata on OpenBSD 6.2, but I found this issue on Github:
https://github.com/firehol/netdata/issues/1083
Unfortunately, it doesn't tell if Netdata works out of the box on OpenBSD, if requires the Collectd (supposedly integrated with it) or if it doesn't work at all.
Did you guys have any success in using it?
It did gave a shot to Collected, the problem was to get a decent web app to visualize the charts...
Thanks!
Alceu

Re: state of Netdata on OpenBSD

Gregory Edigarov-5
On 10.01.18 18:58, Alceu R. de Freitas Jr. wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I'm considering installing Netdata on OpenBSD 6.2, but I found this issue on Github:
> https://github.com/firehol/netdata/issues/1083
> Unfortunately, it doesn't tell if Netdata works out of the box on OpenBSD, if requires the Collectd (supposedly integrated with it) or if it doesn't work at all.
> Did you guys have any success in using it?
> It did gave a shot to Collected, the problem was to get a decent web app to visualize the charts...

Collectd is capable of writting the data it collects to several time
series databases like influx or prometheus.
You can use Grafana then, to visualize the data. The problem here is
that you're still on your own to make the
nice looking dashboard.