startx with no screen found!

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Hi everybody,
I was used OpenBSD 5.7 two years ago with vesa driver without any error but now when I come back to OpenBSD I install the latest release and saw that some body work fine with nv driver but I get no screen found when type startx!
How can I resolve my screen issue?
I prefer installing nVidia on my OpenBSD but if I force to vesa, How can I select vesa screen mode?
Thanks for your helps.

Re: startx with no screen found!

Matthieu Herrb-7
On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 12:06:57AM +0430, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I was used OpenBSD 5.7 two years ago with vesa driver without any error but now when I come back to OpenBSD I install the latest release and saw that some body work fine with nv driver but I get no screen found when type startx!
> How can I resolve my screen issue?
> I prefer installing nVidia on my OpenBSD but if I force to vesa, How can I select vesa screen mode?
> Thanks for your helps.

Please include dmesg(8) output and the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log

the nv(4) driver only support older nVidia chipsets. OpenBSD doesn't
support the nouveau driver nor the proprietary nvidia drivers.
--
Matthieu Herrb

Re: startx with no screen found!

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Thanks for your help.
I have attached your requests files.

--
[image: http://unixuser.us] <http://unixuser.us>

Xorg.0.log (20K) Download Attachment
dmesg (12K) Download Attachment

Re: startx with no screen found!

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Finally I resolve my issue by creating the xorg.conf manually at /etc/X11/ include these:

Section "Monitor" Identifier "Monitor0" EndSection Section "Device" Identifier "Device0" Driver "vesa" #Choose the driver used for this monitor EndSection  Section "Screen" Identifier "Screen0" #Collapse Monitor and Device section to Screen section Device "Device0" Monitor "Monitor0" DefaultDepth 16 #Choose the depth (16||24) SubSection "Display" Depth 16 Modes "1024x768_75.00" #Choose the resolution EndSubSection EndSection

Thanks Matthieu Herrb.