sparc64 USIII support for.... machines with lots of memory

sparc64 USIII support for.... machines with lots of memory

Theo de Raadt
Yesterday there was a bug which prevented many USIII machines to fail.
This is because they typically have a 2nd bank of memory too high and
hit a bug.

That bug is fixed.

At least ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/sparc64 has that fixed
snapshot.

I would love to hear more reports.  One guy is even trying it on a
Sun Fire 15000..... go go go :)

Re: sparc64 USIII support for.... machines with lots of memory

fuzzyping
On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:10 AM, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> Yesterday there was a bug which prevented many USIII machines to fail.
> This is because they typically have a 2nd bank of memory too high and
> hit a bug.
>
> That bug is fixed.
>
> At least ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/sparc64 has that fixed
> snapshot.
>
> I would love to hear more reports.  One guy is even trying it on a
> Sun Fire 15000..... go go go :)

Damn, I'm supposed to be on vacation today.  You're going to make me
drive in to test that V480!  :D

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting
http://www.dixongroup.net

Re: sparc64 USIII support for.... machines with lots of memory

Martin Reindl-3
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 06:33:56AM -0400, Jason Dixon wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:10 AM, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>
> >Yesterday there was a bug which prevented many USIII machines to fail.
> >This is because they typically have a 2nd bank of memory too high and
> >hit a bug.
> >
> >That bug is fixed.
> >
> >At least ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/sparc64 has that fixed
> >snapshot.
> >
> >I would love to hear more reports.  One guy is even trying it on a
> >Sun Fire 15000..... go go go :)
>
> Damn, I'm supposed to be on vacation today.  You're going to make me
> drive in to test that V480!  :D

I just tested a 480, it works apart from the Cassini ethernet.