spam and pf

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

spam and pf

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
I read an article written I believe by Mr. Hansteen about using
pf queues to mess with email spammers. Now that I have time to
play around with it I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone
know the article I speak of and can possibly provide a link.

Thanks,

Edgar

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: spam and pf

patrick keshishian
On 11/18/17, Edgar Pettijohn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I read an article written I believe by Mr. Hansteen about using
> pf queues to mess with email spammers. Now that I have time to
> play around with it I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone
> know the article I speak of and can possibly provide a link.
>
> Thanks,

this?
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/2014/02/effective-spam-and-malware.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: spam and pf

Klemens Nanni
In reply to this post by Edgar Pettijohn III-2
On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 05:11:23PM -0600, Edgar Pettijohn wrote:
> I read an article written I believe by Mr. Hansteen about using
> pf queues to mess with email spammers. Now that I have time to
> play around with it I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone
> know the article I speak of and can possibly provide a link.
http://bsdly.blogspot.de/2017/04/forcing-password-gropers-through.html ?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: spam and pf

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
In reply to this post by patrick keshishian
On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 03:24:50PM -0800, patrick keshishian wrote:

> On 11/18/17, Edgar Pettijohn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I read an article written I believe by Mr. Hansteen about using
> > pf queues to mess with email spammers. Now that I have time to
> > play around with it I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone
> > know the article I speak of and can possibly provide a link.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> this?
> http://bsdly.blogspot.com/2014/02/effective-spam-and-malware.html
>

Not it, but looks like an interesting read.

thanks

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: spam and pf

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
In reply to this post by Klemens Nanni
On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 12:58:43AM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 05:11:23PM -0600, Edgar Pettijohn wrote:
> > I read an article written I believe by Mr. Hansteen about using
> > pf queues to mess with email spammers. Now that I have time to
> > play around with it I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone
> > know the article I speak of and can possibly provide a link.
> http://bsdly.blogspot.de/2017/04/forcing-password-gropers-through.html ?
>

This is it! I must have over looked it due to the title not being
anything like what I was looking for.

Thanks!!!