sndio: watchdog timeout when recording from internal mic on Thinkpad T400

sndio: watchdog timeout when recording from internal mic on Thinkpad T400

Gregor Best
Hi people,

I'm trying to record audio from my Thinkpads internal microphone
on -current (-ish, but as far as I see, there are no sound related
changes missing). The audio device is:

   azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 82801I HD Audio" rev 0x03: msi
   azalia0: codecs: Conexant CX20561
   audio0 at azalia0

As far as I understand it, starting sndiod with

   sndiod -d -C 2:3

should make mic2 (the internal microphone) the default. If I now
try recording without explicitly specifying an audio device, after
a few seconds, sndio prints

   snd0: watchdog timeout

and the audio device gets closed, without any of the audio making
it into the recording application. As far as I can see, the timeout
occurs during sio_open(SIO_DEVANY, SIO_REC, 0) inside the application.
Recording from the external microphone (ADC channels 0:1) works
fine.

What would be the easiest way for me to debug this?

Below is the output of mixerctl:

   inputs.dac-0:1=150,150
   inputs.dac-2:3=150,150
   inputs.beep=85