snapshot package problem for arm7

s_graf
I set up an arm system with the latest snapshot to try to test the php-fpm
problem but I could not even load php. I am not having fun!

I get bad major errors even after I set PKG_PATH

Before setting PKG_PATH

Last login: Sun Nov  4 13:00:11 on console
OpenBSD 6.4-current (GENERIC) #79: Fri Nov  2 10:24:53 MDT 2018

Welcome to OpenBSD: The proactively secure Unix-like operating system.

Please use the sendbug(1) utility to report bugs in the system.
Before reporting a bug, please try to reproduce it with the latest
version of the code.  With bug reports, please try to ensure that
enough information to reproduce the problem is enclosed, and if a
known fix for it exists, include that as well.

You have new mail.
op1bsdsnap1102$ su
Password:
op1bsdsnap1102#
op1bsdsnap1102#
op1bsdsnap1102# pkg_add php
quirks-3.16 signed on 2018-10-29T11:45:46Z
quirks-3.16: ok
Ambiguous: choose package for php
a       0: <None>
        1: php-5.6.38p0
        2: php-7.0.32p1
        3: php-7.1.22
        4: php-7.2.10
Your choice: 2
php-7.0.32p1:femail-1.0p1: ok
php-7.0.32p1:femail-chroot-1.0p3: ok
php-7.0.32p1:xz-5.2.4: ok
php-7.0.32p1:libiconv-1.14p3: ok
php-7.0.32p1:libxml-2.9.8p0: ok
php-7.0.32p1:oniguruma-6.9.0: ok
php-7.0.32p1:gettext-0.19.8.1p1: ok
Can't install php-7.0.32p1 because of libraries
|library crypto.44.1 not found
| /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.45.0 (system): bad major
|library ssl.46.1 not found
| /usr/lib/libssl.so.47.0 (system): bad major
Direct dependencies for php-7.0.32p1 resolve to oniguruma-6.9.0
libxml-2.9.8p0 femail-chroot-1.0p3 gettext-0.19.8.1p1
Full dependency tree is femail-chroot-1.0p3 gettext-0.19.8.1p1
libiconv-1.14p3 oniguruma-6.9.0 libxml-2.9.8p0 xz-5.2.4 femail-1.0p1
Running tags: ok
New and changed readme(s):
        /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/femail-chroot
Couldn't install php-7.0.32p1

After setting PKG_PATH

op1bsdsnap1102# pkg_delete -X
oniguruma-6.9.0: ok
gettext-0.19.8.1p1: ok
libiconv-1.14p3:libxml-2.9.8p0: ok
libiconv-1.14p3: ok
xz-5.2.4: ok
femail-chroot-1.0p3: ok
femail-1.0p1: ok
quirks-3.16: ok
Running tags: ok
Read shared items: ok
--- -libxml-2.9.8p0 -------------------
You should also remove /var/db/xmlcatalog
op1bsdsnap1102# rm /var/db/xmlcatalog
op1bsdsnap1102#
op1bsdsnap1102#
op1bsdsnap1102# pkg_info
op1bsdsnap1102# pkg_add php
quirks-3.16 signed on 2018-10-29T11:45:46Z
quirks-3.16: ok
Ambiguous: choose package for php
a       0: <None>
        1: php-5.6.38p0
        2: php-7.0.32p1
        3: php-7.1.22
        4: php-7.2.10
Your choice: 2
php-7.0.32p1:femail-1.0p1: ok
php-7.0.32p1:femail-chroot-1.0p3: ok
php-7.0.32p1:xz-5.2.4: ok
php-7.0.32p1:libiconv-1.14p3: ok
php-7.0.32p1:libxml-2.9.8p0: ok
php-7.0.32p1:oniguruma-6.9.0: ok
php-7.0.32p1:gettext-0.19.8.1p1: ok
Can't install php-7.0.32p1 because of libraries
|library crypto.44.1 not found
| /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.45.0 (system): bad major
|library ssl.46.1 not found
| /usr/lib/libssl.so.47.0 (system): bad major
Direct dependencies for php-7.0.32p1 resolve to oniguruma-6.9.0
libxml-2.9.8p0 femail-chroot-1.0p3 gettext-0.19.8.1p1
Full dependency tree is oniguruma-6.9.0 libxml-2.9.8p0 femail-1.0p1 xz-5.2.4
libiconv-1.14p3 femail-chroot-1.0p3 gettext-0.19.8.1p1
Running tags: ok
New and changed readme(s):
        /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/femail-chroot
Couldn't install php-7.0.32p1
op1bsdsnap1102# echo $PKG_PATH
http://ftp3.usa.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/arm/
op1bsdsnap1102#

Re: snapshot package problem for arm7

Ken MacKenzie
On Sun, Nov 04, 2018 at 01:24:04PM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
> Your choice: 2
> php-7.0.32p1:femail-1.0p1: ok
> php-7.0.32p1:femail-chroot-1.0p3: ok
> php-7.0.32p1:xz-5.2.4: ok
> php-7.0.32p1:libiconv-1.14p3: ok
> php-7.0.32p1:libxml-2.9.8p0: ok
> php-7.0.32p1:oniguruma-6.9.0: ok
> php-7.0.32p1:gettext-0.19.8.1p1: ok
> Can't install php-7.0.32p1 because of libraries
> |library crypto.44.1 not found
> | /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.45.0 (system): bad major
> |library ssl.46.1 not found
> | /usr/lib/libssl.so.47.0 (system): bad major
> Direct dependencies for php-7.0.32p1 resolve to oniguruma-6.9.0
> libxml-2.9.8p0 femail-chroot-1.0p3 gettext-0.19.8.1p1
> Full dependency tree is oniguruma-6.9.0 libxml-2.9.8p0 femail-1.0p1 xz-5.2.4
> libiconv-1.14p3 femail-chroot-1.0p3 gettext-0.19.8.1p1
> Running tags: ok
> New and changed readme(s):
>         /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/femail-chroot

Possibly not related but I am noticing unresolved packages for amd64 as well.
Example x264 seems to not be there. Maybe not related, I don't know, but setting
up a new machine I just noticed this as your email came in.

Ken

Re: snapshot package problem for arm7

trondd-2
On Sun, November 4, 2018 4:24 pm, [hidden email] wrote:
> I set up an arm system with the latest snapshot to try to test the php-fpm
> problem but I could not even load php. I am not having fun!
>
> |library crypto.44.1 not found

This is telling you that the package was compiled against libcrypto
version 44.1

> | /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.45.0 (system): bad major

This is telling you that you have libcrypto 45.0

> |library ssl.46.1 not found
> | /usr/lib/libssl.so.47.0 (system): bad major

Similarly for libssl, the package was compiled against 46.1 and you have 47.0

Your base system snapshot is newer than the packages snapshot.  This is
common on architectures that take a long time to build all the packages.

If this is a newer system, or one you haven't been following -current on
for some time, you won't have the older libraries around.  You need to
wait for a newer packages snapshot compiled against the libraries you have
or build the packages yourself against the libraries on your system.

On 2018/11/04 13:24, [hidden email] wrote:
> I set up an arm system with the latest snapshot to try to test the php-fpm
> problem but I could not even load php. I am not having fun!
>
> I get bad major errors even after I set PKG_PATH
>
> Before setting PKG_PATH
>
> Last login: Sun Nov  4 13:00:11 on console
> OpenBSD 6.4-current (GENERIC) #79: Fri Nov  2 10:24:53 MDT 2018

> op1bsdsnap1102# pkg_add php
> quirks-3.16 signed on 2018-10-29T11:45:46Z

Libraries have been bumped recently - these packages are too old for
this snapshot, you'll need to wait for new ones (or build yourself).

> Can't install php-7.0.32p1 because of libraries
> |library crypto.44.1 not found

^^ this is what the package needs

> | /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.45.0 (system): bad major

^^ this is what you have

and likewise

Not related.

Re: snapshot package problem for arm7

Ken MacKenzie
And side note, about 20 minutes later it all resolved.

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 5, 2018, at 6:14 AM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 2018/11/04 16:56, Ken M wrote:
>> Possibly not related but I am noticing unresolved packages for amd64 as well.
>> Example x264 seems to not be there. Maybe not related, I don't know, but setting
>> up a new machine I just noticed this as your email came in.
>
> Not related.

Re: snapshot package problem for arm7

Stuart Henderson
On 2018/11/05 06:26, Ken M wrote:

> And side note, about 20 minutes later it all resolved.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Nov 5, 2018, at 6:14 AM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> On 2018/11/04 16:56, Ken M wrote:
> >> Possibly not related but I am noticing unresolved packages for amd64 as well.
> >> Example x264 seems to not be there. Maybe not related, I don't know, but setting
> >> up a new machine I just noticed this as your email came in.
> >
> > Not related.

Ah - in that case, you probably tried updating while the mirror was in
the middle of sync'ing. We try to change over atomically where possible
(though some especially 3rd-level mirrors might not do this) but if an
upstream switches to new files while a downstream is partway through
syncing, you can still get a mixture of files from two builds.

Packages are rebuilt quite often so it's not hard to bump into this.

Re: snapshot package problem for arm7

Ken MacKenzie
That is what I figured. Like I said it was a fresh install to current on a new machine, so that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 5, 2018, at 6:36 AM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 2018/11/05 06:26, Ken M wrote:
>> And side note, about 20 minutes later it all resolved.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad

>>> Not related.
>>

> Ah - in that case, you probably tried updating while the mirror was in
> the middle of sync'ing. We try to change over atomically where possible
> (though some especially 3rd-level mirrors might not do this) but if an
> upstream switches to new files while a downstream is partway through
> syncing, you can still get a mixture of files from two builds.
>
> Packages are rebuilt quite often so it's not hard to bump into this.

Re: snapshot package problem for arm7

s_graf
When is the next arm package build scheduled?  The current one is useless as it no longer matches the kernel in current.

On 2018/11/05 10:06, [hidden email] wrote:
> When is the next arm package build scheduled?  The current one is useless as it no longer matches the kernel in current.

Not sure, but since there's a libressl hackathon on at the moment and
a fair chance of libraries being bumped again during this, it's fairly
likely that a build started now would also not work by the time it's
finished.

For now I would suggest extracting libssl.so.44.1 and libcrypto.so.46.1
from 6.4 release's base64.tgz.

In case you didn't notice, OpenBSD/armv7 is really mostly of interest to
people directly hacking on OpenBSD/armv7 at this point, I wouldn't really
recommend it if you want something that "just works".

Re: snapshot package problem for arm7

s_graf
Thank you for your reply and insights into arm7.  I will wait for the next arm bulk build in the hopes of things working better.

As to armv7, I have worked with the developers on and off, mostly testing particularly with the suni H3 hardware for over a year.  During that time two stable release have gone by, without a working php.  I have archived a distribution, source and ports from a snapshot in mid September, when php actually worked for a while.  I use this for my projects.  When 6.4 was released I upgraded my server and everything went quite well.  I even switched from i386 to amd64.  So I was hopeful that the armv7 system was also more stable.  Unfortunately that is not the case.