smtp-vilter with pf integration

Marc Balmer-2
smtp-vilter, the flexible and fast email content scanner for sendmail
based systems, can now interact with the pf packet filter on OpenBSD.

If a virus, spam or otherwise unwanted content is detected in an email
message, it can add the sending hosts IP address to a pf table.  You
can then give this host "special treatment"...

In the configuration file, you can add the following statements to
activate reactions:

react on [virus|spam|unwanted-content|clean] add to table [tablename]

Dynamically reconfiguring systems always carry a risk of being abused
for denial of service attacks, so use with care.

The code is relatively new and I'd be happy to receive some feedback
from people using smtp-vilter.

The code can be downloaded here:
http://www.etc.msys.ch/sources/smtp-vilter/smtp-vilter-1.2.0.tgz

I will eventually update the port in -current.

- Marc Balmer

Re: smtp-vilter with pf integration

Sjöholm Per-Olov
On Sunday 04 December 2005 12.02, Marc Balmer wrote:

> smtp-vilter, the flexible and fast email content scanner for sendmail
> based systems, can now interact with the pf packet filter on OpenBSD.
>
> If a virus, spam or otherwise unwanted content is detected in an email
> message, it can add the sending hosts IP address to a pf table.  You
> can then give this host "special treatment"...
>
> In the configuration file, you can add the following statements to
> activate reactions:
>
> react on [virus|spam|unwanted-content|clean] add to table [tablename]
>
> Dynamically reconfiguring systems always carry a risk of being abused
> for denial of service attacks, so use with care.
>
> The code is relatively new and I'd be happy to receive some feedback
> from people using smtp-vilter.
>
> The code can be downloaded here:
> http://www.etc.msys.ch/sources/smtp-vilter/smtp-vilter-1.2.0.tgz
>
> I will eventually update the port in -current.
>
> - Marc Balmer

Nice work.

I will try it a.s.a.p.

And it would be really nice if you had the time to update the port as well.

Regards
/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB2 83CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE