sipgate vpn

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sipgate vpn

Peter J. Philipp-3
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here is using sipgate.de?  They have a VPN function
for IPsec for the sipphones and I want to encrypt my traffic to them.  If
anyone has a config they use to sipgate and want to share it'd save me an
afternoon of toying with this.  I already contacted them and they don't seem
to have an openbsd config for this particular service.  If you have a config
make sure you don't send me your passwords.  

Thanks!

-peter

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sipgate vpn

Stuart Henderson
On 2011-08-29, Peter J. Philipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here is using sipgate.de?  They have a VPN function
> for IPsec for the sipphones and I want to encrypt my traffic to them.  If
> anyone has a config they use to sipgate and want to share it'd save me an
> afternoon of toying with this.  I already contacted them and they don't seem
> to have an openbsd config for this particular service.  If you have a config
> make sure you don't send me your passwords.  

from http://www.sipgate.de/team/faq/article/803/Wie_richte_ich_sipgate_VPN_ein
it looks like it's going to be using xauth for the account login, which OpenBSD
doesn't support.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sipgate vpn

Diana Eichert
On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2011-08-29, Peter J. Philipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone here is using sipgate.de?  They have a VPN function
>> for IPsec for the sipphones and I want to encrypt my traffic to them.  If
>> anyone has a config they use to sipgate and want to share it'd save me an
>> afternoon of toying with this.  I already contacted them and they don't seem
>> to have an openbsd config for this particular service.  If you have a config
>> make sure you don't send me your passwords.
>
> from http://www.sipgate.de/team/faq/article/803/Wie_richte_ich_sipgate_VPN_ein
> it looks like it's going to be using xauth for the account login, which OpenBSD
> doesn't support.

A search through the misc@ archives would show other people have used
vpnc to connect to sipgate, most likely related to xauth authentication.

g.day

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sipgate vpn

Peter J. Philipp-3
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 04:02:17PM -0600, Diana Eichert wrote:
> A search through the misc@ archives would show other people have used
> vpnc to connect to sipgate, most likely related to xauth authentication.
>
> g.day

Super!  Thanks a lot eh!  I used the config someone posted on this mailing
list with the following Message-Id

Message-Id: <[hidden email]>

and it worked!  I didn't have to fight long with this.  Now my phone is
encrypted too, Thank you!

-peter