server openbsd4.7/gateway okey --but client openbsd 4.7 bad

server openbsd4.7/gateway okey --but client openbsd 4.7 bad

david carrasco
friends

I do FAQ gateway-home  www.openbsd.org
my gateway/dhcp/server(openbsd 4.7)  WORK WELL with client pc-(windowsxp) is
okey
ifconfig-: active interfaces
ping :okey

BUT with client dhcp openbsd 4.7 NO WORK

ifconfig betwen gateway/cliente "no carrier" on interfaces
ping: no route to host

PLEASE HELP I AM NEWBIE

Re: server openbsd4.7/gateway okey --but client openbsd 4.7 bad

matteo filippetto
2011/4/19 david carrasco <[hidden email]>:
> friends
>
> I do FAQ gateway-home B www.openbsd.org
> my gateway/dhcp/server(openbsd 4.7) B WORK WELL with client pc-(windowsxp)
is

> okey
> ifconfig-: active interfaces
> ping :okey
>

> BUT with client dhcp openbsd 4.7 NO WORK
>
> ifconfig betwen gateway/cliente "no carrier" on interfaces
> ping: no route to host
>
> PLEASE HELP I AM NEWBIE

Hi,

if command ifconfig on openbsd client return "status: no carrier"
it means that the cable isn't connected.

Best regards

--
Matteo Filippetto
http://op83.blogspot.com

Re: server openbsd4.7/gateway okey --but client openbsd 4.7 bad

david carrasco
hey friend
no , cable is connected, is crossover
repeat , is connected

BUT if connected to my pc-win xp , WORKS,
PLEASE HELP

2011/4/19 matteo filippetto <[hidden email]>

> 2011/4/19 david carrasco <[hidden email]>:
> > friends
> >
> > I do FAQ gateway-home B www.openbsd.org
> > my gateway/dhcp/server(openbsd 4.7) B WORK WELL with client
> pc-(windowsxp)
> is
> > okey
> > ifconfig-: active interfaces
> > ping :okey
> >

> > BUT with client dhcp openbsd 4.7 NO WORK
> >
> > ifconfig betwen gateway/cliente "no carrier" on interfaces
> > ping: no route to host
> >
> > PLEASE HELP I AM NEWBIE
> >

> Hi,
>
> if command ifconfig on openbsd client return "status: no carrier"
> it means that the cable isn't connected.
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Matteo Filippetto
> http://op83.blogspot.com

Re: server openbsd4.7/gateway okey --but client openbsd 4.7 bad

matteo filippetto
2011/4/19 david carrasco <[hidden email]>:
> hey friend
> no , cable is connected, is crossover
> repeat , is connected
>
> BUT if connected to my pc-win xp , WORKS,
> PLEASE HELP

Hi,

did you tried with a normal cable and a switch?

did you configured dhcp or static address?

Bye

--
Matteo Filippetto
http://op83.blogspot.com

Re: server openbsd4.7/gateway okey --but client openbsd 4.7 bad

david carrasco
CABLE CROSS OVER, SETTING DHCP

VERY CRAZY

CONNECTED TO MY GATEWAY MY CLIENT WIN XP AND THIS WORKS
BUT IF CONNECTED MY CLIENTE OPENBSD47 "NO WORKS" " NO INTERNET CLIENT"

HELP

2011/4/19 matteo filippetto <[hidden email]>

> 2011/4/19 david carrasco <[hidden email]>:
> > hey friend
> > no , cable is connected, is crossover
> > repeat , is connected
> >
> > BUT if connected to my pc-win xp , WORKS,
> > PLEASE HELP
> >

> Hi,
>
> did you tried with a normal cable and a switch?
>
> did you configured dhcp or static address?
>
> Bye
>
> --
> Matteo Filippetto
> http://op83.blogspot.com

Re: server openbsd4.7/gateway okey --but client openbsd 4.7 bad

Kevin Chadwick-2
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:46:08 -0700
david carrasco wrote:

> CABLE CROSS OVER, SETTING DHCP
>
> VERY CRAZY
>
> CONNECTED TO MY GATEWAY MY CLIENT WIN XP AND THIS WORKS
> BUT IF CONNECTED MY CLIENTE OPENBSD47 "NO WORKS" " NO INTERNET CLIENT"
>
> HELP

You mentioned no carrier, so it's too early for trying dhcp.

Are there any leds on your ethernet sockets and are they on when
plugged in. Do you get carrier with either cable type. Some hardware
works with patch and crossover, whilst other hw doesn't.

Is OpenBSD on a different machine to XP?

Why are you using 4.7. You should be on 4.8 or current?