sent some www diffs, your one and last chance to flame me

sent some www diffs, your one and last chance to flame me

frantisek holop
----- Forwarded message from Alexander von Gernler <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:50:57 -0700 (MST)
From: Alexander von Gernler <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
Subject: Re: documentation/4920

Synopsis: empty <p> tags in translation.html

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: grunk
State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 28 07:50:06 MST 2005
State-Changed-Why:
translation.html is valid HTML (validator.w3.org)
stop sending in such "bugs"

----- End forwarded message -----

so much for "send us diffs!"
haven't even sent them all.

using empty paragraphs as whitespace is a great idea!
that was always the basic idea of html!

apart from that, of course it's valid _transitional_ HTML.
you know what transitional means?  it is being dep-re-ca-ted.

there were numerous occasions on this list devs throwing mud
at other projects code/security/etc.  criticism is in place.

yet turning a blind eye when it comes to the project webpages.

the html sources lack consistency (different identation in every
file, different meta tags and so on and so on). you think
only C code can be _terrible_ to read?

why don't you let people who work with html daily to help you?

nobody said Nick's doing a bad job.
but he is not a web site builder.  nothing wrong with that.
i am not a kernel hacker so i take an advice of a kernel
hacker if i need to accomplish something.

Nick, i hope you are not taking this personally, that
would be a shame.  the content is superb, it always has been.

(sigh)  i am willing to make a dick of myself on the mailing list
just to make the pages better, so people don't laught at it.

you think it's easy?  this list is a pool of napalm and i still
stand up and fight for these silly hacks to go away and make it
(yes! fuc#ing) w3c STRICT valid.  and to make it a  bit more
pleasing to the eye.  i never said let's make a 100% different
layout.  just a facelift.

come on Theo, are you the samurai?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=109059182627585&w=2

all or nothing.
make the pages match the quality of the code and the cd's.
even if you don't care, other people do.

i presented my arguments the best i could.  thank you for
all your support || flames.  i will send the others diffs
and save the reject mails for my old days.  you can take
a horse to the river but you can't make it drink.

-f
and god said, e = 1/2mv^2 - ze^2/r, and there was light.

Re: sent some www diffs, your one and last chance to flame me

bsdusr@gmail.com
Playing with a layout that works already is senseless, but I see value
in cleaning up the HTML of the existing pages.

RE: sent some www diffs, your one and last chance to flame me

Tony Aberenthy
[hidden email] wrote:
[snip]
>all or nothing.
>make the pages match the quality of the code and
>the cd's.
>even if you don't care, other people do.

I PAID for my CDs. I am happy with artwork, particularly the
smirk on that puffer fish.
I did not pay for the website. If I can stumble into the FAQ
and packages and figure out where -current lives, I am
more than satisfied.
The mirrors probably have more than enough to keep up with.
Adding anything just to be cutesy seems counterproductive.