rthreads

Anton Maksimenkov-2
 May I ask about what is the current state of rthreads library? It was
cool to hear about this excellent project, but I found nothing in
tech@ and misc@ since old time...

engineer

Re: rthreads

Sam Chill
On 9/22/06, Anton Maksimenkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  May I ask about what is the current state of rthreads library? It was
> cool to hear about this excellent project, but I found nothing in
> tech@ and misc@ since old time...
My $0.02. I don't know the offical status of the project, but I have
been running a kernel with rthreads enabled in it for quite a while on
a development box and not run into any issues. I haven't really tested
it much, but I use the box quite regularly and it doesn't give me any
trouble.
-Sam

Re: rthreads

Martin Toft-2
Sam Chill wrote:

> On 9/22/06, Anton Maksimenkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  May I ask about what is the current state of rthreads library? It was
>> cool to hear about this excellent project, but I found nothing in
>> tech@ and misc@ since old time...
> My $0.02. I don't know the offical status of the project, but I have
> been running a kernel with rthreads enabled in it for quite a while on
> a development box and not run into any issues. I haven't really tested
> it much, but I use the box quite regularly and it doesn't give me any
> trouble.
> -Sam

It would be a cool feature for 4.0 to be able to run threaded media
players like xmms without trouble...

--Martin

Re: rthreads

Frank Denis (Jedi/Sector One)-4
  Hello Sam,

Le Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:15:20AM -0400, Sam Chill ecrivait :
>My $0.02. I don't know the offical status of the project, but I have
>been running a kernel with rthreads enabled in it for quite a while on
>a development box and not run into any issues.

  Did you actually test threaded apps?

  At least neither MySQL nor KDE properly work, probably because of signal
handling issues.

--
Frank Denis - frank [at] nailbox.fr - Young Nails / Akzentz nail tech
Authorized Akzentz dealer - http://www.nailbox.fr