root autologin?

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Hi everybody,
How can I boot OpenBSD with root autologin?

[image: http://unixuser.us] <http://unixuser.us>

Re: root autologin?

Peter Nicolai Mathias Hansteen
On 02/06/18 14:12, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> How can I boot OpenBSD with root autologin?

If you have to ask, the you definitely should not try.

Re: root autologin?

Michael Hekeler
Am Tue, 6 Feb 2018 16:42:03 +0330
schrieb Mohammad BadieZadegan <[hidden email]>:

> Hi everybody,
> How can I boot OpenBSD with root autologin?

Maybe run a script in place of a getty.
Then redirecting stderr/stdout to /dev/ttyWhatever

A better approach is to to autologin an user in X and
use doas(1)
I think xenodm(1) has an "autologin" option...

Re: root autologin?

Michael Hekeler
> A better approach is to to autologin an user in X and
> use doas(1)
> I think xenodm(1) has an "autologin" option...

But why would one do that? What problem do you like to solve?

Re: root autologin?

Mohammad BadieZadegan
I have not X and I want to resolve my problem with command prompt only.
Isn't possible?

[image: http://unixuser.us] <http://unixuser.us>

Re: root autologin?

Alexander Hall

On February 6, 2018 7:57:36 PM GMT+01:00, Mohammad BadieZadegan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>I have not X and I want to resolve my problem with command prompt only.
>Isn't possible?

There's plenty of ways to achieve that. But unless you manage to explain why you think that would be a good thing, few people will help you, if even then.

Here's one:

> boot -s

/Alexander