rm -rf www/icedtea-web ?

Giovanni Bechis-7
Hi,
I am not using it anymore and Java applets are dead,
ok to remove or should I just drop maintainership ?

 Giovanni

Re: rm -rf www/icedtea-web ?

Landry Breuil-5
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 08:49:45AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not using it anymore and Java applets are dead,
> ok to remove or should I just drop maintainership ?

I still occasionally use it outside of the browser to access crappy
ilo/idrac that dont support HTML5 KVMs.. its sometimes broken, but when
the stars align it works. I agree that java applets in the browser are
100% dead, but javaws crap still exists.

Landry

Re: rm -rf www/icedtea-web ?

Renaud Allard-2

On 2/13/20 9:28 AM, Landry Breuil wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 08:49:45AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am not using it anymore and Java applets are dead,
>> ok to remove or should I just drop maintainership ?
>
> I still occasionally use it outside of the browser to access crappy
> ilo/idrac that dont support HTML5 KVMs.. its sometimes broken, but when
> the stars align it works. I agree that java applets in the browser are
> 100% dead, but javaws crap still exists.

Agreed, this port is alas still very useful for most hardware remote
access. It should not be removed yet.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment