riscv

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

riscv

Peter J. Philipp-3
Any developer working on a riscv port and willing to share their unofficial
work for possible future collaboration?

Best Regards,
-peter

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: riscv

Christian Weisgerber
On 2020-03-13, "Peter J. Philipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any developer working on a riscv port and willing to share their unofficial
> work for possible future collaboration?

I think I'd have heard by now if somebody was, so I'll go out on a
limb and say no, nobody's working on a RISC-V port.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: riscv

Jordan Geoghegan-3


On 2020-03-13 09:50, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> On 2020-03-13, "Peter J. Philipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Any developer working on a riscv port and willing to share their unofficial
>> work for possible future collaboration?
> I think I'd have heard by now if somebody was, so I'll go out on a
> limb and say no, nobody's working on a RISC-V port.
>

I stumbled across this a while back, this guy at least claims to be
attempting a port to RISC-V...

https://github.com/MengshiLi/openbsd-riscv-notes

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: riscv

Stuart Henderson
On 2020-03-13, Jordan Geoghegan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On 2020-03-13 09:50, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>> On 2020-03-13, "Peter J. Philipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Any developer working on a riscv port and willing to share their unofficial
>>> work for possible future collaboration?
>> I think I'd have heard by now if somebody was, so I'll go out on a
>> limb and say no, nobody's working on a RISC-V port.
>>
>
> I stumbled across this a while back, this guy at least claims to be
> attempting a port to RISC-V...
>
> https://github.com/MengshiLi/openbsd-riscv-notes
>
>

recent state: https://pastebin.com/QqLPs1GB


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: riscv

Mike Larkin-2
In reply to this post by Jordan Geoghegan-3
On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 02:12:19PM -0700, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:

>
>
> On 2020-03-13 09:50, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > On 2020-03-13, "Peter J. Philipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Any developer working on a riscv port and willing to share their unofficial
> > > work for possible future collaboration?
> > I think I'd have heard by now if somebody was, so I'll go out on a
> > limb and say no, nobody's working on a RISC-V port.
> >
>
> I stumbled across this a while back, this guy at least claims to be
> attempting a port to RISC-V...
>
> https://github.com/MengshiLi/openbsd-riscv-notes
>

We have a riscv64 kernel booting up to the rootdev prompt, and are working on
getting plic working so that we can use virtio disks.

The link above is from one of my students that is working on this. This is not
in the main tree, and I'm not sure what it will take to get it there (we are
using a newer version of clang than is in base).

-ml

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: riscv

Mike Larkin-2
On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:18:11PM -0700, Mike Larkin wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 02:12:19PM -0700, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:
> >
> >
> > On 2020-03-13 09:50, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > > On 2020-03-13, "Peter J. Philipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Any developer working on a riscv port and willing to share their unofficial
> > > > work for possible future collaboration?
> > > I think I'd have heard by now if somebody was, so I'll go out on a
> > > limb and say no, nobody's working on a RISC-V port.
> > >
> >
> > I stumbled across this a while back, this guy at least claims to be
> > attempting a port to RISC-V...
> >
> > https://github.com/MengshiLi/openbsd-riscv-notes
> >
>
> We have a riscv64 kernel booting up to the rootdev prompt, and are working on

PS, "We" here is my student team. This is not being done as part of the main
OpenBSD development effort. We hope to be able to get this committed when it is
ready but we are nowhere near that yet.

> getting plic working so that we can use virtio disks.
>
> The link above is from one of my students that is working on this. This is not
> in the main tree, and I'm not sure what it will take to get it there (we are
> using a newer version of clang than is in base).
>
> -ml
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: riscv

Jordan Geoghegan-3


On 2020-03-14 23:19, Mike Larkin wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:18:11PM -0700, Mike Larkin wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 02:12:19PM -0700, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:
>>>
>>> On 2020-03-13 09:50, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>>>> On 2020-03-13, "Peter J. Philipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Any developer working on a riscv port and willing to share their unofficial
>>>>> work for possible future collaboration?
>>>> I think I'd have heard by now if somebody was, so I'll go out on a
>>>> limb and say no, nobody's working on a RISC-V port.
>>>>
>>> I stumbled across this a while back, this guy at least claims to be
>>> attempting a port to RISC-V...
>>>
>>> https://github.com/MengshiLi/openbsd-riscv-notes
>>>
>> We have a riscv64 kernel booting up to the rootdev prompt, and are working on
> PS, "We" here is my student team. This is not being done as part of the main
> OpenBSD development effort. We hope to be able to get this committed when it is
> ready but we are nowhere near that yet.
>
>> getting plic working so that we can use virtio disks.
>>
>> The link above is from one of my students that is working on this. This is not
>> in the main tree, and I'm not sure what it will take to get it there (we are
>> using a newer version of clang than is in base).
>>
>> -ml
>>

That's great to hear, I'm excited to see what comes of this work, hats
off to you and your students!

It's a shame that clang was re-licensed, I hope we don't end up with a
repeat of the gcc 4.x saga. I've heard a number of people lamenting
about various improvements made in clang post relicencing, especially
for non x86 arches such as powerpc.

Jordan