repeated set of messages about usb mouse

repeated set of messages about usb mouse

Rudolf Sykora
Hello misc,

I am (on 6.3, amd64) repeatedly getting these messages every now and then:

-------------------
uhub4 at uhub3 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0 "Genesys Logic USB2.0
Hub" rev 2.00/88.32 addr 3
uhidev1 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical
Mouse" rev 2.00/72.00 addr 4
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ums1 at uhidev1: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
uhidev2 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Keyboard"
rev 1.10/64.00 addr 5
uhidev2: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev2: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev3 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "Logitech USB Keyboard"
rev 1.10/64.00 addr 5
uhidev3: iclass 3/0, 3 report ids
uhid12 at uhidev3 reportid 1: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid13 at uhidev3 reportid 2: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid14 at uhidev3 reportid 3: input=3, output=0, feature=0
wsmouse1 detached
ums1 detached
uhidev1 detached
wskbd1: disconnecting from wsdisplay0
wskbd1 detached
ukbd0 detached
uhidev2 detached
uhid12 detached
uhid13 detached
uhid14 detached
uhidev3 detached
uhub4 detached
-------------------

(And I am not plugging it in and out...)

The mouse otherwise works just fine.

Is anything wrong?

Thank you
Ruda

Re: repeated set of messages about usb mouse

Alexander Hall
On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 01:07:00PM +0000, Rudolf Sykora wrote:
> Hello misc,
>
> I am (on 6.3, amd64) repeatedly getting these messages every now and then:

Not knowning about the exact details, I know we had issues (in RHEL6) at
work with some mice continually detaching and attaching. I believe it
might have been part of some power-saving idea, but I wasn't the one
investigating it. For now, we just try to avoid those mice since,
although they don't misbehave in function, the spam is rather annoying,
in particular when working on the console.

/Alexander

> -------------------
> uhub4 at uhub3 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0 "Genesys Logic USB2.0
> Hub" rev 2.00/88.32 addr 3
> uhidev1 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical
> Mouse" rev 2.00/72.00 addr 4
> uhidev1: iclass 3/1
> ums1 at uhidev1: 3 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
> uhidev2 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Keyboard"
> rev 1.10/64.00 addr 5
> uhidev2: iclass 3/1
> ukbd0 at uhidev2: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
> uhidev3 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "Logitech USB Keyboard"
> rev 1.10/64.00 addr 5
> uhidev3: iclass 3/0, 3 report ids
> uhid12 at uhidev3 reportid 1: input=1, output=0, feature=0
> uhid13 at uhidev3 reportid 2: input=1, output=0, feature=0
> uhid14 at uhidev3 reportid 3: input=3, output=0, feature=0
> wsmouse1 detached
> ums1 detached
> uhidev1 detached
> wskbd1: disconnecting from wsdisplay0
> wskbd1 detached
> ukbd0 detached
> uhidev2 detached
> uhid12 detached
> uhid13 detached
> uhid14 detached
> uhidev3 detached
> uhub4 detached
> -------------------
>
> (And I am not plugging it in and out...)
>
> The mouse otherwise works just fine.
>
> Is anything wrong?
>
> Thank you
> Ruda

Re: repeated set of messages about usb mouse

Robert-318
Hi,

(fyi)
I had a similar problem in the beginning of this year.
It is basically gone right now (snapshots/amd64), and only occurs when
I switch from X to the console and back combined with mouse
movements/events while on the console.
As you stated, it does not seem to have any negative effect otherwise.

wsmouse0 detached
ums0 detached
uhidev1 detached
uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "SIGMACHIP Usb
Mouse" rev 1.10/1.10 addr 3
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
wsmouse0 detached
ums0 detached
uhidev1 detached
uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "SIGMACHIP Usb
Mouse" rev 1.10/1.10 addr 3
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
wsmouse0 detached
ums0 detached
uhidev1 detached
uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "SIGMACHIP Usb
Mouse" rev 1.10/1.10 addr 3
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0