relayd.conf it's so confusing

Markus Rosjat
Hi all,

I have a relayd running that inspects the Host header of incoming
traffic and then makes a decision to which server it should relay the
traffic. so far so good but a few things don't add up after a few changes.

for example I have a protocol definition like so:

http protocol "httpproxy" {
                             match request quick header "Host" value "*domain1.tld" forward to <www01>
                             match request quick header "Host" value "*domain2.tld" forward to <www02>
}

and a relays like:

relay "www01proxy" {
        listen on $gateway  port http
        protocol "httpproxy"

        forward to <www01> port http
        }

relay "www02proxy" {
                listen on $gateway  port http
                protocol "httpproxy"

                forward to <www02>  port http
               }

So this setup works but now it gets confusing if I add another protocol and relay to the above

http protocol "differenthttpproxy" {
                             match request quick header "Host" value "*domain3.tld" forward to <www03>
}

relay "www03proxy" {
          listen on $gateway  port http
          protocol "differenthttpproxy"

          forward to <www03>  port http
         }

now my relays 1 and 2 stop working, no traffic reaches the hosts, the order of the relays is

www03
www01
www02

in the config but it shouldn't be problem because the protocols used are diffrent. So coming to strange part two. I disabled the new relay and well the sites for relay 1 and 2 started to be reachable again but also the match defined in the new defined protocol is still working. Thats something that shouldn't happen at all.

what I did between the changes was checking sysntax and a

rcctl reload relayd

I am relucdent to do a restart because it happens to crash the VM. The VM is running 6.1 with all syspatches applied.

regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107224    mail: [hidden email]

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT

Re: relayd.conf it's so confusing

Markus Rosjat
Hi again,

Am 02.11.2018 um 11:26 schrieb Markus Rosjat:
> ..  but also the match defined in the new defined protocol is still
> working. Thats something that shouldn't happen at all.

this seems to be resolved and was more or less browser related