"relay as" domain rewrite in new smtpd.conf syntax

"relay as" domain rewrite in new smtpd.conf syntax

Allan Streib-2
Prior to 6.4, in smtpd.conf(5), the relay directive supported the "as"
parameter:

    If the as parameter is specified, smtpd(8) will rewrite the sender
    advertised in the SMTP session. address may be a user, a domain
    prefixed with ‘@’, or an email address, causing smtpd(8) to rewrite
    the user-part, the domain-part, or the entire address, respectively.

In the new smtpd.conf(5) syntax, how is that rewrite achieved,
specifically the "@" prefix behavior to rewrite the domain part?

Thanks,

Allan

Re: "relay as" domain rewrite in new smtpd.conf syntax

Gilles Chehade-7
On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 12:40:51PM -0500, Allan Streib wrote:

> Prior to 6.4, in smtpd.conf(5), the relay directive supported the "as"
> parameter:
>
>     If the as parameter is specified, smtpd(8) will rewrite the sender
>     advertised in the SMTP session. address may be a user, a domain
>     prefixed with ???@???, or an email address, causing smtpd(8) to rewrite
>     the user-part, the domain-part, or the entire address, respectively.
>
> In the new smtpd.conf(5) syntax, how is that rewrite achieved,
> specifically the "@" prefix behavior to rewrite the domain part?

             The relay delivery methods also support additional options:

             [...]

             mail-from mailaddr
                     Use mailaddr as the MAIL FROM address within the SMTP
                     transaction.

so this would be something like:

   action relay_00 relay mail-from "@foobar.org"

   match [...] action relay_00

--
Gilles Chehade       @poolpOrg

https://www.poolp.org                 tip me: https://paypal.me/poolpOrg

Gilles Chehade <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 12:40:51PM -0500, Allan Streib wrote:
>> Prior to 6.4, in smtpd.conf(5), the relay directive supported the "as"
>> parameter:
>>
>>     If the as parameter is specified, smtpd(8) will rewrite the sender
>>     advertised in the SMTP session. address may be a user, a domain
>>     prefixed with "@", or an email address, causing smtpd(8) to rewrite
>>     the user-part, the domain-part, or the entire address, respectively.
>>
>> In the new smtpd.conf(5) syntax, how is that rewrite achieved,
>> specifically the "@" prefix behavior to rewrite the domain part?
>>

>              The relay delivery methods also support additional options:
>
>     [...]
>
>              mail-from mailaddr
>                      Use mailaddr as the MAIL FROM address within the SMTP
>                      transaction.
>

> so this would be something like:
>
>    action relay_00 relay mail-from "@foobar.org"
>
>    match [...] action relay_00

Thanks! I didn't realize that the mail-from option would support the
same forms as the old "as" parameter.

Allan