"find" a file greater than X MB's

Bob DeBolt
Greets

I have had an issue with a hard drive filling up in a very short time after
upgrading a software package. Although I resolved the issue and all is well
now, I spent more time than I should have looking for files greater than a
certain size.

I tried numerous combinations of "find" switches using the find man page and
on and on but couldn't get the simple result of files greater than a
specified size, 2MB in my case.

I had a document several weeks ago that used a piped cut command and was very
cool indeed, can't find it now that I need it.

I have come to realize there are so many more tools for openbsd ( unix in
general ) than I had realized to process the ouput as well.

Any takers?

Bob

Re: "find" a file greater than X MB's

Otto Moerbeek
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Bob DeBolt wrote:

> Greets
>
> I have had an issue with a hard drive filling up in a very short time after
> upgrading a software package. Although I resolved the issue and all is well
> now, I spent more time than I should have looking for files greater than a
> certain size.
>
> I tried numerous combinations of "find" switches using the find man page and
> on and on but couldn't get the simple result of files greater than a
> specified size, 2MB in my case.
>
> I had a document several weeks ago that used a piped cut command and was very
> cool indeed, can't find it now that I need it.
>
> I have come to realize there are so many more tools for openbsd ( unix in
> general ) than I had realized to process the ouput as well.
>
> Any takers?

find . -size +2097152c

        -Otto