puffy copyright infringement?

f.holop
do i see it correctly that this is the openbsd puffy logo?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/3bebd4c5-3514-4df0-a738-fd1db5ae11bf

(cookies must be enabled for this idiotic site)

-f
i don't have a solution but i really admire the problem.

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

Francois Pussault-2

This logo is marked as free even on this site.

Cordialement
Francois Pussault
3701 - 8 rue Marcel Pagnol
31100 ToulouseB
FranceB
+33 6 17 230 820 B  +33 5 34 365 269

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

Paul de Weerd
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 04:56:08PM +0200, Francois Pussault wrote:
| > do i see it correctly that this is the openbsd puffy logo?
| >
| > http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/3bebd4c5-3514-4df0-a738-fd1db5ae11bf
|
| This logo is marked as free even on this site.

http://www.openbsd.org/art1.html clearly states:

"Most images provided here are copyright by OpenBSD, by Theo de Raadt,
or by other members or developers of the OpenBSD group. However, it is
our intent that anyone be able to use these images to represent
OpenBSD in a positive light -- but do not make profit from them."
(snipped for brevity)

I don't see how such a game represents OpenBSD in a positive light.
And this is a for profit game, looks like, which is explicitly
forbidden in the statement above.

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

Nomen Nescio
> Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd
>
> --
> >++++++++[<++++++++++>-]<+++++++.>+++[<------>-]<.>+++[<+
> +++++++++++>-]<.>++[<------------>-]<+.--------------.[-]

I love that .sig, I think it is the only one in brainf*ck I have seen. Did
you code that by hand or generate it somehow?

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

Nicolai-8
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 05:53:14PM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:

> http://www.openbsd.org/art1.html clearly states:
>
> "Most images provided here are copyright by OpenBSD, by Theo de Raadt,
> or by other members or developers of the OpenBSD group. However, it is
> our intent that anyone be able to use these images to represent
> OpenBSD in a positive light -- but do not make profit from them."
> (snipped for brevity)
>
> I don't see how such a game represents OpenBSD in a positive light.
> And this is a for profit game, looks like, which is explicitly
> forbidden in the statement above.

Agreed.  And it makes me wonder if anything else was ripped off for the
game.

Microsoft has a contact page here:

http://gethelp.live.com/en-US/Pages/wp.aspx

"Marketplace" seems like the most appropriate contact.

Nicolai

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

David Diggles-2
Literally, cut and paste.

http://www.openbsd.org/images/tshirt-4.gif

For comparison.

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 04:50:24PM +0200, frantisek holop wrote:
> do i see it correctly that this is the openbsd puffy logo?
>
> http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/3bebd4c5-3514-4df0-a738-fd1db5ae11bf
>
> (cookies must be enabled for this idiotic site)
>
> -f
> i don't have a solution but i really admire the problem.

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

Bryan Irvine
It looks more like this one. :-)

http://www.openbsd.org/art/puffy/puflogv500X325.gif

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM, David Diggles <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Literally, cut and paste.
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/images/tshirt-4.gif
>
> For comparison.
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 04:50:24PM +0200, frantisek holop wrote:
>> do i see it correctly that this is the openbsd puffy logo?
>>
>> http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/3bebd4c5-3514-4df0-a738-fd1db5ae11bf
>>
>> (cookies must be enabled for this idiotic site)
>>
>> -f
>> i don't have a solution but i really admire the problem.

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

cody chandler-2
Need to email "[hidden email]".  They will send a form that needs
to be filled out by the owner of the questioned image.

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrtInfrg.htm

This link has the information of who and what to do.  But when you email
the above address with the reason of concern they send an automated email
with an attached doc of what to fill out by the owner/keeper of the copy
right info.

Hope this helps
Cody

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Bryan Irvine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It looks more like this one. :-)
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/art/puffy/puflogv500X325.gif
>

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM, David Diggles <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Literally, cut and paste.
> >
> > http://www.openbsd.org/images/tshirt-4.gif
> >
> > For comparison.
> >
> > On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 04:50:24PM +0200, frantisek holop wrote:
> >> do i see it correctly that this is the openbsd puffy logo?
> >>

> http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/3bebd4c5-3514-4df0-a738-fd1db5ae11bf
> >>
> >> (cookies must be enabled for this idiotic site)
> >>
> >> -f
> >> i don't have a solution but i really admire the problem.

Re: puffy copyright infringement?

Nicolai-8
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 05:53:14PM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 04:56:08PM +0200, Francois Pussault wrote:
> | > do i see it correctly that this is the openbsd puffy logo?
> | >
> | > http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/3bebd4c5-3514-4df0-a738-fd1db5ae11bf
> |
> | This logo is marked as free even on this site.
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/art1.html clearly states:
>
> "Most images provided here are copyright by OpenBSD, by Theo de Raadt,
> or by other members or developers of the OpenBSD group. However, it is
> our intent that anyone be able to use these images to represent
> OpenBSD in a positive light -- but do not make profit from them."
> (snipped for brevity)
>
> I don't see how such a game represents OpenBSD in a positive light.
> And this is a for profit game, looks like, which is explicitly
> forbidden in the statement above.

Microsoft still hasn't taken this down.

Nicolai