psycopg and psycopg2

Martynas Venckus-2
> py-psycopg is in the ports tree, why did you not update that one?

Because it *is* psycopg2; it is not an update.

- apis are incompatible;
- the module is "psycopg2";

Some applications do have quirks to check for psycopg and psycopg2,
but some just insist psycopg2 (that was turbogears in my case).

> why did you not update that one?

I did not want to break the applications that depend on psycopg.

> Now we py-psycopg and py-psycopg2.

Yes that has been done intentionally.

Re: psycopg and psycopg2

Marc Balmer-2
* Martynas Venckus wrote:

> > py-psycopg is in the ports tree, why did you not update that one?
>
> Because it *is* psycopg2; it is not an update.
>
> - apis are incompatible;
> - the module is "psycopg2";
>
> Some applications do have quirks to check for psycopg and psycopg2,
> but some just insist psycopg2 (that was turbogears in my case).
>
> > why did you not update that one?
>
> I did not want to break the applications that depend on psycopg.
>
> > Now we py-psycopg and py-psycopg2.
>
> Yes that has been done intentionally.

ok, then all is fine ;)  thanks for the clarifications (which of course,
would have been worth mentioning in the committ message).