procmail and new grammar in smtpd.conf

Eda Sky
Hi
I'm preparing an update from 6.3 to 6.4 and fix the required configuration
files
For many years I've been using fetchmail/procmail and I do not know how to
overwrite smtpd.conf to a new grammar
the original rule is

accept from any for domain "example.com" alias <aliases> deliver to mda
"/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

I do not know how to write new rules.
Everything I'm trying to do ends with syntax error.

Will anyone advise me?
Thank you

Re: procmail and new grammar in smtpd.conf

Daniel Corbe-2
at 6:22 AM, Eda Sky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm preparing an update from 6.3 to 6.4 and fix the required
> configuration files
> For many years I've been using fetchmail/procmail and I do not know how
> to overwrite smtpd.conf to a new grammar
> the original rule is
>
> accept from any for domain "example.com" alias <aliases> deliver to mda
> "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"
>
> I do not know how to write new rules.
> Everything I'm trying to do ends with syntax error.
>
> Will anyone advise me?

procmail is no longer maintained.   It last saw a stable release in
September of 2001

In the author’s own words:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=141634350915839&w=2

> Executive summary: delete the procmail port; the code is not safe and
> should not be used as a basis for any further work.

-Daniel

Re: procmail and new grammar in smtpd.conf

Gregory Edigarov-5

On 05.12.18 13:22, Eda Sky wrote:
> Hi
> I'm preparing an update from 6.3 to 6.4 and fix the required
> configuration files
> For many years I've been using fetchmail/procmail and I do not know
> how to overwrite smtpd.conf to a new grammar
> the original rule is
>
> accept from any for domain "example.com" alias <aliases> deliver to
> mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -" \

that seems to become:

action "procmail" mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

match for domain "example.com" action "procmail"

> I do not know how to write new rules.
> Everything I'm trying to do ends with syntax error.
>
> Will anyone advise me?
> Thank you

Re: procmail and new grammar in smtpd.conf

trondd-2
On Wed, December 5, 2018 6:22 am, Eda Sky wrote:

> the original rule is
>
> accept from any for domain "example.com" alias <aliases> deliver to mda
> "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"
>
> I do not know how to write new rules.
> Everything I'm trying to do ends with syntax error.

What have you tried?

Re: procmail and new grammar in smtpd.conf

schwack
On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 10:07:34AM -0500, Daniel Corbe wrote:
> at 6:22 AM, Eda Sky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Executive summary: delete the procmail port; the code is not safe and
> > should not be used as a basis for any further work.

Is maildrop a recommended alternative?

Re: procmail and new grammar in smtpd.conf

Marcus MERIGHI
[hidden email] (schwack), 2018.12.11 (Tue) 22:36 (CET):
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 10:07:34AM -0500, Daniel Corbe wrote:
> > at 6:22 AM, Eda Sky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > Executive summary: delete the procmail port; the code is not safe and
> > > should not be used as a basis for any further work.
>
> Is maildrop a recommended alternative?

$ pkg_info fdm

"fdm is a simple, lightweight replacement for mail fetch, filter and
delivery programs such as fetchmail and procmail."

Using it since my departure from procmail, no problems seen.

Marcus