preventing amd from fetch files from nis server

preventing amd from fetch files from nis server

Friedrich Locke
Hi folks,

i have a set of computer on my network that is configured as a nis
client. The nis server is working 100% ok, and it is serving a map
called amd.home.
But for a particular client machine, while it should retrieve the list
of users/groups/etc from the nis server i don't want it to retrieve
the amd.home from the nis server, but instead, uses the amd.home from
/etc/amd/amd.home.
Is that possible ?
Do you know if it may be done?

Thanks in advance.

Re: preventing amd from fetch files from nis server

Philip Guenther-2
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Friedrich Locke
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> But for a particular client machine, while it should retrieve the list
> of users/groups/etc from the nis server i don't want it to retrieve
> the amd.home from the nis server, but instead, uses the amd.home from
> /etc/amd/amd.home.
> Is that possible ?
> Do you know if it may be done?

amd uses the amd.home map because that's what /etc/amd/master
indicates.  To change what it uses, change that file.

Philip Guenther