ports for GIS-related software: proj, geos and postgis

ports for GIS-related software: proj, geos and postgis

Eric Faurot
Hi,

For those interrested in GIS applications, I have written ports for
the following software I currently need:

* math/proj           PROJ.4 - Cartographic Projections Library
    http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/
* math/geos           GEOS (Geometry Engine - Open Source)
    http://geos.refractions.net/
* databases/postgis   OpenGIS "Simple Features Specification for SQL"
              implementation for postgresql. (requires the two above)
    http://postgis.refractions.net/

I've tried them on i386, amd64 and macppc. Some PostGIS
regression tests fail for the following reasons:
 - infinity stringified as 'Inf' instead of 'inf'
 - small variation in floating values between powerpc and i386/amd64

To run the postgis regression tests, you need a running postmaster.

Eric.

proj.tgz (1K) Download Attachment
geos.tgz (2K) Download Attachment
postgis.tgz (3K) Download Attachment

Re: ports for GIS-related software: proj, geos and postgis

Eric Faurot
Hi,

Here are updates to the three ports (thanks Bob!).

- documentation for the three
- build improvement for geos
- nad27 for proj

Eric.