ports/4949: Running Euphoria with FreeBSD emulation doesn't work on OpenBSD3.8

ports/4949: Running Euphoria with FreeBSD emulation doesn't work on OpenBSD3.8

Hallvard Ystad
>Number:         4949
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Running Euphoria with FreeBSD emulation doesn't work on OpenBSD3.8
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       non-critical
net
>Environment:

        System      : OpenBSD 3.8
        Architecture: OpenBSD.i386
        Machine     : i386
        I installed Euphoria (http://www.rapideuphoria.com/) on my OpenBSD3.8 machine and decided to run it
        with FreeBSD emulation (the linux emulation complained that the files couldn't be executed). Every
        time I try to run euphoria, I get an undefined symbol error from ld-elf.so.1:

[daniello:/home/hallvard] > which ed
/home/hallvard/euphoria/bin/ed

[daniello:/home/hallvard] > ed
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "__stdoutp" referenced from COPY relocation in exu
Exit 1

        (Changed $path to include /home/hallvard/euphoria/bin first.)

>How-To-Repeat:
        Install euphoria 2.5: download http://www.rapideuphoria.com/25/euphor25.tar, rename the file
        to euphor25.tgz, unpack, then download http://www.rapideuphoria.com/25/eubsd25.zip, unpack,
        replace original executables by those from the zip file (as explained on
        http://www.rapideuphoria.com/v20.htm). try to execute the euphoria executable named exu.
>Fix:
        Wish I knew one!

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

Re: ports/4949: Running Euphoria with FreeBSD emulation doesn't work on OpenBSD3.8

Ted Unangst-2
The following reply was made to PR ports/4949; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ted Unangst <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: ports/4949: Running Euphoria with FreeBSD emulation doesn't work on OpenBSD3.8
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:04:28 -0800

 >         I installed Euphoria (http://www.rapideuphoria.com/) on my OpenBSD3.8 machine and decided to run it
 >         with FreeBSD emulation (the linux emulation complained that the files couldn't be executed). Every
 >         time I try to run euphoria, I get an undefined symbol error from ld-elf.so.1:
 >
 > [daniello:/home/hallvard] > which ed
 > /home/hallvard/euphoria/bin/ed
 >
 > [daniello:/home/hallvard] > ed
 > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "__stdoutp" referenced from COPY relocation in exu
 > Exit 1
 >
 >         (Changed $path to include /home/hallvard/euphoria/bin first.)
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 >         Install euphoria 2.5: download http://www.rapideuphoria.com/25/euphor25.tar, rename the file
 >         to euphor25.tgz, unpack, then download http://www.rapideuphoria.com/25/eubsd25.zip, unpack,
 >         replace original executables by those from the zip file (as explained on
 >         http://www.rapideuphoria.com/v20.htm). try to execute the euphoria executable named exu.

 what does running the freebsd ldd on it say?
 wild guess is it's built against freebsd 5 libs.