Quantcast

portable libc extracted from OpenBSD

Goon
Hello,

Some years ago I extracted the memory system from OpenBSD's
libc, I put it on http://goon.yellowcouch.org/software/
Under the name libc.rogue.

This might be useful if you want to make a small
footprint libc. It includes powerpc sys headers.

goon

Re: portable libc extracted from OpenBSD

Tinker
On 2016-06-19 12:36, Johan Ceuppens wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 09:36:33PM +0800, Tinker wrote:
>> What would it be used for?
>>

> e.g. adding some libc functionality but not the whole thing
> on a OpenBSD powerpc self-built kernel. This then provides
> you with a system.
>
> You can also make something like newlib from it and you can
> change the architecture too if you want by looking up the
> C sys headers in the OpenBSD kernel.

Like an embedded or "microkernel" statically linked with libc and a
program binary and that's all, no root filesystem?

Are you using the full kernel?

Like NetBSD rump?